on being im the worst kind of girl...a rant .

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Missus

Golden Member
Feb 15, 2000
I am sorry that you had to run into that...

Zealots can be hell on a day...

All you can do is stay away from him and remember that you are the one with you life on track and he is the one with the prob...

He will learn that openly judging people (whether for him or god)will end up making his life empty in the end...

It must be hell being perfect... I am glad that I'm not...

I am not religious, but if I was I certainly not talk to people that way... From what I understand (and I not saying that you are this way) that Jesus hung out with whores, lepers, and other folks that most people thought repulsive?

Geez... Nothing worse than an atheist preaching... How is that for messed up...

;)

Don't let it get you down sweet...

Life is too short to let the jerks get you !!!

I bet you had a great weekend!!!

shadowfaX

Dec 22, 2000
hm... Tell the prick off. His definition of "perfect" is different from others and he oughta realize that and not act like a pompus jackass.

Fingers

Platinum Member
Sep 4, 2000
I agree with just ignoring him for a while. I'm sure things will be alright in a while, it's just a difference in upbringing. If your really friends with him then things like that shouldn't matter.

bigbootydaddy

Banned
Sep 14, 2000
tell the prick off sounds good.

then again how much do you value the friendship to let it slide and enlighten the guy?

urameatball

Platinum Member
Jan 19, 2001
from my experience.
a lot of religious people tend to say stuff like that because...well... they're religious and that's what they believe is right. I have a few friends that are pretty religious and wheneer they get to topics like this, I just start joking around until they get frustrated and stop talking about it.

me: so what'd you think about hell
him: I don't, because I'm going to heaven!
me: what about me? do you know if I'm going to heaven? <smirk>
him: NO
me: why not?
him: because you're not ___ religion and you don't goto church?
me: how about if I haven't commited any sins?
him: you're still going to hell, because you're not....blah blah blah <I tend to tune out a lot>
me: how bout if I join your religion for one week and then leave, will I goto heaven
him: no. you must be a permanent member
me: how about if I Fakk you in the *buttocks* and turn you into a gay MF. Then we'd both goto hell right?
him: <walks away>
me: <next day> calls him up assuring him I won't do what I just said. all better now :)

anyway, my rule is, whatever I don't like hearing. I don't take seriously.

Zucchini

Banned
Dec 10, 1999
yes, many religious people think they are right without thinking about why they are right:p Heh, basic don't question the house of cards, its what pisses me off the most.

BoberFett

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
I must say, this is rather entertaining. There's an awful lot of self-righteousness in this thread. You can cut the hypcorisy with a knife.

Zucchini

Banned
Dec 10, 1999
&quot;many religious &quot;

I did not say all.. so you can try to point out the hipocracy if you want. Real religious people i know question and have philisophical debates about these subjects. Fundamentalists say this is the way it is.. why? no real reason

Harvey

Administrator<br>Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
eakers --

<< &quot;you dont even know me. you the hell are you to judge me?&quot; >>
<< &quot;f...you you pompus ass.&quot; >>

Susinct and to the point. You got it exactly right. Forget being pissed. Such small minds are not worth the energy. :)

Jan 18, 2001
i hate it when religious people get self rightous like that...as in when GreenBay packer Mark Chmura refused to attend a White House dinner with Clinton and others on moral grounds. Of course who'd of thunk that Chmura would be charged with rape a few years later. Although he was found innocent of rape, what was he doing at a prom party with a bunch of teenagers? anyways i digress, check out the link below for some entertaining art work!

religious cartoon

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
Micheal, if sleeping at someones house, talking about breakfast and washing a car are intimate details, then the guy would die from a heart attack if I disclosed my &quot;intimate&quot; details.

Noriaki

Lifer
Jun 3, 2000
Nicely put vi :D

<< *kat. <-- the BEST! >>

Of course you are :)

<< btw, i think gender equality can't exist. it's just not possible.

we are individuals dammit. saying that 2 genders are equal pretty much implies 2 people can be the same..
>>

No you're right, the 2 genders aren't equal and no 2 people can be the same. But we should all have the opportunity to be the same. I know a woman, who's extremely happy to cook and clean and do the stuff that this guy seems to think is &quot;woman's work&quot;. It make her happy so I leave it at that. But anyone regardless of race, sex or anything else should get the same opportunities. Men and Women are different, nothing will ever make us the same. But that's no reason to force women into being a cook and a maid. At one time in Africa the whites were the ruling class and if you were black you were a slave....is slavery the proper place for the native africans, just becuase for many years that's how it was. I don't think so. Obviously Eakers' friend does. I disagree...but he's entitled to his own opinion. *shrugs* If I need a maid I'll hire one...obviously he'll choose to marry one. I would prefer to choose a wife based on other things...but again we are all entitled to our own opinions. And if he thinks that women belong in the kitchen that's his choice. A good loving relationship can go along ways towards making a person happy, something he'll obviously miss out on, because he seems to be looking for a maid in his wife.

Oh well that's enough of that....bye for now.

(Mday: I wasn't ranting at you...I just liked your quote)

Zucchini

Banned
Dec 10, 1999
bobberfett.

I replied to your comment because it was such a broad swipe at everything in the thread..meant to elicit a reaction

<< I must say, this is rather entertaining. There's an awful lot of self-righteousness in this thread. You can cut the hypcorisy with a knife. >>

and apparently unjustified.

Jan 18, 2001
eakers, perhaps you should send your 'friend' a copy of Dogma for his viewing pleasure, of course he doesn't sound like the type to think very much so much of that movie might be wasted on him.

cheers