OMG YAHOO SEARCH HAS BEEN HACKED???

bolido2000

Diamond Member
Dec 3, 2001
Sorry if a repost.

Go to www.yahoo.com and search for anything. It takes you to Baidu page!!! WTF??
EDIT: I AM NOT CRAZY!!
EDIT2:
Happening in South Africa too. According to my supervisor chinese hackers have only partially been able to hack US servers. That's why some of you are not seeing the Baidu page.
EDIT3: Further proof its happening in the US as well
Text (thanks for the link)

Digital Market Blog said it was able to confirm the hijacking as well.
"In our office there''s about 30 machines ... If you do a search on Yahoo.com (any search) you get redirected to Baidu (as shown below) and shown Chinese results," the analysts from the site wrote.

effowe

Diamond Member
Nov 1, 2004
Originally posted by: bolido2000
I AM NOT CRAZY!!! <- news link

Well it's working for me in the US.

FTA

Reports have been coming in that people trying to reach Google, Yahoo and Microsoft from within China or via Chinese ISPs are being redirected to Baidu.

So unless you are in China, then it should be working.

bolido2000

Diamond Member
Dec 3, 2001
Originally posted by: effowe

FTA

Reports have been coming in that people trying to reach Google, Yahoo and Microsoft from within China or via Chinese ISPs are being redirected to Baidu.

I'm in LA. I expect all of you to start seeing Baidu page soon. You heard it here first!

buck

Lifer
Dec 11, 2000
Originally posted by: krunchykrome
I went onto yahoo, did a search for "NFL", and my computer turned into general tso chicken.

wtf

Please share.

Anubis

No Lifer
Aug 31, 2001
tbqhwy.com
Originally posted by: effowe

FTA

I'm in LA. I expect all of you to start seeing Baidu page soon. You heard it here first!

i should be allright the first time in about 5 years that ivisited yahoo.com was when i read this thread

Mar 11, 2004
Originally posted by: Anubis

i should be allright the first time in about 5 years that ivisited yahoo.com was when i read this thread

If that one article is correct its not just Yahoo, its Google and Microsoft's searches as well.