OMG SmarterChild is back!

isasir

Diamond Member
Aug 8, 2000
Heh, I guess I never removed it from my buddy list. He popped up a few min. ago. I guess now they're trying to make money off of it. $9.95 for 1 year to chat with him.

isasir

Diamond Member
Aug 8, 2000
Originally posted by: narzy
who the hell is smarterchild?

It's one of those bots that you can add to your AOL buddy list that'll "chat" with you and give you news and such. Somewhat nifty at the beginning, but gets boring after awhile, and should be interesting to see if it makes any money.

Jzero

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: RishiS

It's one of those bots that you can add to your AOL buddy list that'll "chat" with you and give you news and such. Somewhat nifty at the beginning, but gets boring after awhile, and should be interesting to see if it makes any money.

It was cool b/c you could ask it for weather and movie listings, but why would I pay for something I can get for free from countless places on the 'net?

EvilYoda

Lifer
Apr 1, 2001
They're charging for usage now? bah...it was convinient for the weather and movies, but that's about it.

Syringer

Lifer
Aug 2, 2001
Heh, I guess I never removed it from my buddy list. He popped up a few min. ago. I guess now they're trying to make money off of it. $9.95 for 1 year to chat with him.

I wouldn't pay that much for a prostitute.

Wallydraigle

Banned
Nov 27, 2000
Originally posted by: Jzero

It was cool b/c you could ask it for weather and movie listings, but why would I pay for something I can get for free from countless places on the 'net?

Cuz the only friends you'll ever have are the kind you can buy?

JK:D

Jzero

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: lirion

Nah, I'm not a subscriber. :D

Wallydraigle

Banned
Nov 27, 2000
Originally posted by: lirion

Nah, I'm not a subscriber. :D

Ah, touché:D

(Neither am I;))

nativesunshine

Diamond Member
Jan 6, 2003
Haha..i used to have the dumbest conversations with him/it. I'd curse him out and stuff...and he'd be all like "that wasn't nice...please say you're sorry". so funny.

I think the only people who'd pay to talk to him would be those w/ nobody else to talk to on aim. So sad if you think about it.

Anyone got $9.95 for me to borrow? Heehee. :p

Jzero

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
I think the only people who'd pay to talk to him would be those w/ nobody else to talk to on aim. So sad if you think about it.

That's gotta be even sadder than adding your own mobile # and SMSing yourself from your own AIM client.
Not..that.....I would...know...............

4Lclovergirl

Mar 25, 2003

That's gotta be even sadder than adding your own mobile # and SMSing yourself from your own AIM client.

Wow, did you do it from work so people would think you had friends.. lol!

;)

Savarak

Platinum Member
Oct 27, 2001
:( Service too busy!! I used to use him when it was still in early beta!!! I got that beta email thing and they told me to add it to my list... I guess I never took him off haha I didn't even notice he was online on my list till I saw this thread

Jzero

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: 4Lclovergirl

;)

I can't use AIM at work....
although...I can e-mail myself....
;)

4Lclovergirl

Mar 25, 2003
Originally posted by: 4Lclovergirl

;)

I can't use AIM at work....
although...I can e-mail myself....
;)

Yeah, but no one can hear you e-mail yourself. LOL.

wasn't there a female version of smarterchild? What was it? Lindsaybuddy? what ever happened to her?