OMG, please help me guys, damn bill :(

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

babah

Jul 14, 2002
I think what he's getting at is that he wants donations from us to pay his bill off for him. Here's what I say to that: I DONT ANYONE MONEY, i just want an input what should i do.

1) If you say you're in college, you better enroll in a grammar course real fast because it's terrible: yes i know that, cuz im still learning (my american friends dont mind about it, and why u should??

2) Where are you making all these calls to? Calling your parents my a$$, I think you're calling 900 numbers you perv: I'm not)

3) If what you say is true and you were calling your parents, tell them about the bill, since it was them you were calling :impossible

4) You made the calls, take some resonsibility and pay your debt off. Don't come crying to us looking for a handout, it won't happen: i never ever ask for money from u guys!!

amnesiac

Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
You never answered HOW you managed to rack up that much of a bll. Do you talk to them like 3 hours a day or something?
Your problem defies all common logic which is what I think most people here are having problems with.
Give us more details on how this happened.

babah

Jul 14, 2002
guys after i checked and rechecked again the total is $2100.
i dont know how come they could charged me $4000??????????????
i will call them tomorrow and asking for explanation? i think they wanted to ripp me off!!!

Spac3d

Banned
Jul 3, 2001
Originally posted by: Hamburgerpimp
Who's your daddy and what does he do?

LOL

really... I could see $400 a month... my parents spent something like that 15 years ago when it was still dollars a minute to call India. It is almost 1/10 the price now... so when I figure the math, you called a crazy amount of times. Only way I can figure is that both you and your parent put down the phone but never hung up.... reminds me of the Simpsons with Bart & Australia :Q:confused:

Spac3d

babah

Jul 14, 2002
guys after i checked and rechecked again the total is $2100.
i dont know how come they could charged me $4000??????????????
i will call them tomorrow and asking for explanation? i think they wanted to ripp me off!!! :|

777php

Diamond Member
Jul 17, 2001
How in the world did you not see this coming? $2100 or $4100, regardless of the amount that is an insane amount of minutes. If you did call your parents with ALL the minutes I don't see why they won't be understanding of your problem. Honestly I think that you use most of the minutes to call your friends and you are not admitting it.

I agree with a previous poster about sucking it up and getting a menial part time job. I'd rather flip burgers than have have a huge scar on my credit score that will last much longer than the embarssment of working at McDonalds.

If you can, try to get some subsidized student loans from the government and use those funds to pay off the phone bill. You won't have to pay the loans back until you graduate and on top of that you will not be charged interest until then.

he only chance i got is i dont pay the damn bill (i dont have ssn)

So you never plan on working here or getting your citizenship? How did you sign up for the service in the first place? You will be held accountable...they have your billing address.

TNTrulez

Banned
Aug 3, 2001
I call BS.
I think this guy is just pulling our string. He refuses to provide why his phone bill cost so much as well as skirting the issues that we brought up. Then he says it should cost $2100 instead of $4000, yet he does not tell us why there is the difference.

BS.

babah

Jul 14, 2002
well, i am international student.
i dont know if i can get a loan from govt??
what i'm gonna is i'm gonna call them tomorrow and ask them for explanation why they charged me $4000 instead of $2100???
and maybe i can get some discount or begging to lower my bill and lastly i'll pay credit (i'll pay $500 per month)
and CUT OFF MY PHONE!!!

Spooner

Lifer
Jan 16, 2000
honestly, i really want to know where you were calling to get a 4,000 dollar phone bill

Tallgeese

Diamond Member
Feb 26, 2001
If the bill truly shows an overcharge of almost double what it should be...you could EASILY dispute the whole bill on those grounds.

If this thread is a hoax, get ready for a SERIOUS flame-fest.

AnyMal

Lifer
Nov 21, 2001
I am dying to do some math here. Let's assume that his International LD rate is $1.00 per minute (for math's sake) which comes out to 4000 minutes = ~66.5 hours! That's over 2 hours per day! Geeezzz... Don't get me wrong, I love my mom, but damn!!!!

Spooner

Lifer
Jan 16, 2000
Originally posted by: AnyMal
I am dying to do some math here. Let's assume that his International LD rate is $1.00 per minute (for math's sake) which comes out to 4000 minutes = ~66.5 hours! That's over 2 hours per day! Geeezzz... Don't get me wrong, I love my mom, but damn!!!!
yeah, something's just not making sense here

babah

Jul 14, 2002
if u still dont trust it's up to u
i just count it and it'is $2100

end of story

thank you for all of u

Lars

Diamond Member
Jan 10, 2001
I am an International student as well and talk to my parents about 1 hour per week. With onesuite.com that would be about $11 every 4 weeks. (Of course they are calling me anyways)

babah

Jul 14, 2002
yeah that's what i'm thinking, i didn't check it when i opened the bill
then i used my calculator and count it 1 by 1 and it end up with $2100
i swear by GOD i'm not lying to u guys, i'm not joking around.
why i wasting my time typing all of this stuff!!
i'll try to call them and asking for explanation, i'll tell u what will happen tomorrow.
just tell me how i can prove it to u, i wish i have scanner and send it to u all the bill

ciaw

Spooner

Lifer
Jan 16, 2000
Originally posted by: babah
if u still dont trust it's up to u
i just count it and it'is $2100

end of story

thank you for all of u
coutned what up? what were you charged per minute? how many phone calls did you make? why couldn't your parents ever call you? why are you afraid of telling your parents about a bill.... shouldn't they already know if it was THEM you were talking to?

I repeat: something's missing from this story

thomsbrain

Lifer
Dec 4, 2001
give us the amount per minute they were charging at least. either 1) you're calling like an impossible amount of time 2) you're making this all up, or 3) your phone company was charging you the wrong rate and/or there are bogus calls on there that you didn't make (this does happen, you need to go over it call by call).

gopunk

Lifer
Jul 7, 2001
i'm just curious to hear the cost/min and the number of minutes. one or the other, or both, have to be freaky big...

Smolek

Diamond Member
Aug 30, 2001
Originally posted by: Renob
i'm very scared guys

My friend had the same thing happen to him, then one day the phone cops came and took him away. He has not been seen in over a year now.

LOL

babah

Jul 14, 2002
no they were right, it was $4000
u want the truth, i made a call to my gf thru her cellphone, and i called her almost everyday THAT'S THE TRUTH!!
i dont want to talk it anymore.
i'll pay the charge and work delivering newspaper.
maybe i'll sell some of my stuff.

this is my last post, so dont expect to get reply for me.

Thanks for y'all and mercy on me

bye