OMG NO ALLEEE ROSSMAN HELP HELP!!!!

Wduaqnug

Diamond Member
Mar 8, 2002
I just found freaking check dated 04/09/2001 $170 withdrawal from C2it Citibank , it says not valid after 180 days, is it possible it will work or should I contact Citibank before depositing? IS there laws regarding this type situation, am I covered by ny state banking dept, i use to do a lot of ebay business in 2001 and had money orders and checks coming in like crazy and this one slipped by and just found it

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
Originally posted by: Wduaqnug
I just found freaking check dated 04/09/2001 $170 withdrawal from C2it Citibank , it says not valid after 180 days, is it possible it will work or should I contact Citibank before depositing? IS there laws regarding this type situation, am I covered by ny state banking dept, i use to do a lot of ebay business in 2001 and had money orders and checks coming in like crazy and this one slipped by and just found it

Very often a bank will reissue you a check if you have the original. Happened to me once, and I had no problem when I called them. Try that before you lose the check by depositing it.

Wduaqnug

Diamond Member
Mar 8, 2002
on hold with them right now, she found transaction for $170 and went to look into it. Thanks

Wduaqnug

Diamond Member
Mar 8, 2002
I don't even remember password or e-mail for my c2it! oh man i really need those $170 for christmas gifts. I have no idea how this big check slipped by, it was even sealed envelope

RossMAN

Grand Nagus
Feb 24, 2000
Originally posted by: Smolek
if i deposit this check and it bounces do i get charged fee's by chase bank

typically yes.

Banks LOVE to charge fees, rule #1.

LOL @ your thread title, almost thought I was seeing things.

If you can wait, you could contact CitiBank get a name/address/file # mail it back to them to be destroyed then they'll issue you a new check but this would take at least 2-3 weeks.

Or you can take your chances and try and deposit the check.

Wduaqnug

Diamond Member
Mar 8, 2002
from prior experience dealing with Citibank, I decided to take my chances and deposit check, since good teller might notice expiration even through check might go through so I deposit it into Chase ATM more chances to go through

EagleKeeper

Discussion Club Moderator<br>Elite Member
Staff member
Oct 30, 2000
Unless Citi has a stop put on the check ID, the automated system should allow it to go through.

There is no date encoded into the check information.

KC5AV

Golden Member
Jul 26, 2002

You might also find that since the check is past the stale date, it will not go through. I tried to put one through that was only a few months old. Not only did it not go, I was charged some extra processing fees. This was with Hibernia National Bank. YMMV with Citybank.

Wduaqnug

Diamond Member
Mar 8, 2002
I deposited it on Dec 18 to Chase Atm, on 19 $100 cleared and on 24 $70 cleared , does this mean that's it went through with no problems or it can still be bad check

Spac3d

Banned
Jul 3, 2001
I deposited it on Dec 18 to Chase Atm, on 19 $100 cleared and on 24 $70 cleared , does this mean that's it went through with no problems or it can still be bad check

Hope it did for you, that would help with Christmas Gifts :)

Spac3d

Wduaqnug

Diamond Member
Mar 8, 2002
Update

I deposited that check into Chase ATM, everything went smooth chase deposited $70 after couple dates and after few more days $100, I thought it was it cause 2 weeks passed than on new years eve check returned with $10 service charge, Chase is weird so many days to clear check than it comes back bad.Good News Citibank replaced the check and I lost only $10 on service charge

You should be able to recoup your service fee of $10 from CitiBank if it's their fault...then again I'm not really understanding your thread so you might be out of luck. Glad you got your $$ though.