OMG! iD Super Pack available on Steam!!!

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Includes every iD game ever created from Commander Keen to Quake 4. Just $69.95.

Probably won't buy it, but as soon as I saw it my jaw dropped. Not only because of all the games, but that it's iD selling their games on Steam.

Fullmetal Chocobo

Moderator<br>Distributed Computing
May 13, 2003
Wow... That's nice. :) Stupid question, but how do I get on steam? I wouldn't mind checking this out. I'ld build a P2 system for Commander Keen. :D

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: mb
Originally posted by: sandorski
Includes every iD game ever created from Commander Keen to Quake 4. Just $69.95.

Probably won't buy it, but as soon as I saw it my jaw dropped. Not only because of all the games, but that it's iD selling their games on Steam.

http://forums.anandtech.com/me...ght_key=y&keyword1=id+ ;)
Also, Quake 4 is not included.
http://www.steampowered.com/v/...area=package&SubId=440

Ah, missed that Q4 wasn't included. The Classics would be why I'd want this pack though. Trying to get those games to work properly in XP(and I imagine Vista too) are a PITA. So having them on Steam takes the hassle out.

AdamK47

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Does Quake include the Nine Inch Nails soundtrack and does Quake 2 include the Sonic Mayhem soundtrack?

MmmSkyscraper

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2004
Originally posted by: AdamK47
Does Quake include the Nine Inch Nails soundtrack and does Quake 2 include the Sonic Mayhem soundtrack?

Not yet.

I installed the original version of Quake on XP (from the retail CD, not Steam). I couldn't get the CD audio working, even with the WinQuake or ProQuake releases. I read on a forum you can make an image of the disc and mount it before the first physical DVD/CD drive on your machine to get the music going. It definitely fixed my problem :)

Stas

Dec 31, 2004
I ripped my Quake 2 CD a long time ago. Carry the soundtrack on my mp3 player. Good old times with games taking up only fraction of the CD and publishers puting the sound track as regular CD audio. With a few games I would just pop the CD into my boom box and listen to it. :) :heart:

Stas

Dec 31, 2004
and BTW, Quake 4 is developed by Raven not ID, that's why it's not in the pack ;)