omg i am so underwhelmed with work right now it's ridiculous...

Safeway

Lifer
Jun 22, 2004
I work maybe 6 hours per week, but get paid for 40 hours. I have nothing better to do during those 6 hours than post on AnandTech. It is driving me crazy.

We just consolidated two groups of employees, but the amount of work stayed the same. Since I now manage the group, I have no work to do. I assigned inventory to two people. I assigned the daily upkeep to two people. I am left with nothing, so underwhelmed.

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
You sound like a straight shooter with upper management written all over you.

xeemzor

Platinum Member
Mar 27, 2005
Originally posted by: Safeway
I work maybe 6 hours per week, but get paid for 40 hours. I have nothing better to do during those 6 hours than post on AnandTech. It is driving me crazy.

We just consolidated two groups of employees, but the amount of work stayed the same. Since I now manage the group, I have no work to do. I assigned inventory to two people. I assigned the daily upkeep to two people. I am left with nothing, so underwhelmed.

I know how you feel. People think that free time is great, but too much of it can cause someone to go mad. There are only so many times you can browse digg and ATOT.

Ns1

No Lifer
Jun 17, 2001
me too....

i need tax info people. DON'T WAIT UNTIL APRIL. GIVE ME YOUR DOCUMENTS NOW.

legoman666

Diamond Member
Dec 18, 2003
Originally posted by: xeemzor

I know how you feel. People think that free time is great, but too much of it can cause someone to go mad. There are only so many times you can browse digg and ATOT.

word to that. I probably do 2-3 hours of work per day and get paid for 8. It was great at the beginning, but you can only refresh ATOT so many times....

FoBoT

No Lifer
Apr 30, 2001
fobot.com
your post count does not support your position

come on, Average Posts Per Day: 5 ?

my grandma could post more than that, and she is dead

Safeway

Lifer
Jun 22, 2004
Originally posted by: legoman666

word to that. I probably do 2-3 hours of work per day and get paid for 8. It was great at the beginning, but you can only refresh ATOT so many times....

I run out of websites to check. I run out of ideas to make money by doing nothing while making money, doing nothing.

Safeway

Lifer
Jun 22, 2004
Originally posted by: FoBoT

Frequent AT hiatuses. At one point, I maintained 100 ppd for over a week.

legoman666

Diamond Member
Dec 18, 2003

I run out of websites to check. I run out of ideas to make money by doing nothing while making money, doing nothing.

Indeed, I check Slashdot, AT, arstechnica, and bit-tech religiously I need more.

amdhunter

Lifer
May 19, 2003

I just sent an email to your boss. Expect some more work soon. :thumbsup:

Safeway

Lifer
Jun 22, 2004
Originally posted by: amdhunter

I just sent an email to your boss. Expect some more work soon. :thumbsup:

Not likely. The gravy train picked me up, and isn't stopping again for a long time.

GRIFFIN1

Golden Member
Nov 10, 1999
I spent a couple of hours today trying to figure out how I could take my cat kayaking with me. The cat is lucky that I'm too lazy to actually build the carpeted platform I designed in my head while I was staring at my monitor.

narzy

Elite Member
Feb 26, 2000

Indeed, I check Slashdot, AT, arstechnica, and bit-tech religiously I need more.

digg, mixx, the register, dailytech (my fav!) english russia, hack-a-day, engadget (screw brian lam and gizmohoe! or any of his other gawker media sites! although I haven't found a replacement for lifehacker or the consumerist (if you know of any PLEASE LMK!) tuaw (love tuaw) wii and PS3 fanboy, newegg and amazon.com keep me all entertained.

Nitemare

Lifer
Feb 8, 2001

22 a day? Teach me oh wise and sagacious one.

FoBoT

No Lifer
Apr 30, 2001
fobot.com
Originally posted by: Nitemare

what?

(see, there you go)

clamum

Lifer
Feb 13, 2003
Update your AT Member Gallery thread! ;) I know there's some, including myself, that've asked to have their pictures updated.

I agree with ya though, it sucks being at work with nothing to do. I'd rather stay busy, time goes by wayyyy faster.

Nitemare

Lifer
Feb 8, 2001

what?

(see, there you go)

Do you have a newsletter?

FoBoT

No Lifer
Apr 30, 2001
fobot.com

what?

(see, there you go)

http://pics.bbzzdd.com/users/FoBoT/IdeasIntrigueMe.jpg

(see, there you go)

ViviTheMage

Lifer
Dec 12, 2002
madgenius.com

what?

(see, there you go)

http://pics.bbzzdd.com/users/FoBoT/IdeasIntrigueMe.jpg

(see, there you go)

this dude is PRO.