OMG!: Clinton has truly lost it ("We all remember Bobby Kennedy was assassinated in June in California.")

mshan

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2004
I am starting to wonder if Clinton is just incapable of change (i.e. she and her campaign did not recognize that the country has changed, and more importantly, she herself is just not capable of change - she is who she is for better or worse. Tactics and lines of attack that worked in the 90's are easily blunted and disproved when everyone has ready access to the internet and YouTube).

Kind of sad, all in all.

(added comments below)

Checkmate?

Clinton apparently made similar comments after the Indiana and North Carolina primaries, but story did not gain traction. The Cardoza 40 have just switched their allegiance to Obama (cashing in their chips while they still have value?) and perhaps this story is being now encouraged in the mainstream media to checkmate the Clinton campaign out of the Democratic Primary(?)

Robor

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
I just read that on Yahoo. Wow that was a misfire.

"I regret that if my referencing that moment of trauma for our entire nation and in particular the Kennedy family was in any way offensive. I certainly had no intention of that whatsoever," the former first lady said.

I guess now we can completely erase that VP slot possibility, eh? ;)

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
"My husband did not wrap up the nomination in 1992 until he won the California primary somewhere in the middle of June, right? We all remember Bobby Kennedy was assassinated in June in California. You know I just, I don't understand it," she said, dismissing the idea of dropping out."

wow. that was a dumb thing to say. so she is waiting for someone to asssinate Obama? sheesh.

mshan

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2004
Problem with her is you can never tell whether it was an honest mistake, a Freudian slip, or a deliberate slip of the tongue.

I do know that if she can't handle the fact that she isn't going to be president, I sure as heck don't want her answering the phone at 3 AM in the morning. :Q

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
Originally posted by: Moonbeam
Guess we know what's on her mind.

Guess we know now those orders come from the top down. She might hire some red neck to do the job, and the country/world might blame a red neck, but one must look at the source and I believe we have just read it here.

JS80

Lifer
Oct 24, 2005
jesus, is there any way this was "taken out of context"? I'm being creative here and I can't.

fallout man

Golden Member
Nov 20, 2007
Originally posted by: JS80
jesus, is there any way this was "taken out of context"? I'm being creative here and I can't.

Search your feelings, young padawan.

We need someone to pick up the phone at 3 am to accept the nomination when the black guy gets shot.

mshan

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2004
I just saw some video of the interview, and 1) she didn't immediately jump back or make any attempt to apologize / clarify her comments when she made them, and 2) slightly earlier in the interview, she seemed to have to strange smile on her face as some evil idea had just popped into her head.

I can't imagine this is going to generate sympathy for her, or even work as a race baiting tactic, so I am left to wonder whether there is some really bad evolving story about her that she wants to drown out with such a sensational comment. :confused:

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
Originally posted by: mshan
Problem with her is you can never tell whether it was an honest mistake, a Freudian slip, or a deliberate slip of the tongue.

it's easy, really.

when it comes to Obama, it's an honest mistake.
when it comes to McCain, it's because he's senile.
when it comes to Hillary, it's because she's a lying bitch who needs to get back in the kitchen.

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
Originally posted by: JS80

i don't think there is one. it kinda unbelievable. i was told she made a remark that she was waiting for him to be shot. i just blew it off since the guy who told me it is a clinton hater.

so i ahd to look it up.

wow.

fallout man

Golden Member
Nov 20, 2007
Originally posted by: loki8481

it's easy, really.

when it comes to Hillary, it's because she's a lying bitch who needs to get back in the kitchen.

I think you have a "mommy" complex.

mshan

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2004
Professor Obama's gaffes have been because he is trying to express thoughts that can't be conveniently condensed into a soundbite (cling to, suv). Anybody with a brain knows he did expose himself to political attack, but at the same time can see that he said what he meant to say, when taken in whole. Poltically stupid, intellectually correct.

McCain has made gaffes that really make one question his judgement (Lieberman correcting him on Shiites vs. Sunnis, his comment that the war is against Al Qaida in Iraq). As for Jay Leno always joking about his age, I think that's really benign (kind of like how he good heartedly is always jabbing at Bush's intelligence) and may actually endear him to some viewers.

As for Clinton, is she trying to make the point that she is much more qualified to be vp than a neophyte like Jim Webb (I personally never get past be able to accept the fact that she would really want to be vp; seems like a demotion, whereas governor of New York seems much more logical).

Robor

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: loki8481
Originally posted by: mshan

it's easy, really.

Based on that reply I'm wondering if you're senile. :confused:

mflacy

Golden Member
Aug 8, 2001
I watched the clip. It's pretty clear that the point she was trying to make was naming candidates that were still in the primary process through June. (similar to her, she hopes)

But it was a MONUMENTALLY stupid example to use based on who her opponent is.

neodyn55

Oct 16, 2007
Seriously, I know you guys all hate her, but this really is more of a case of foot-in-the-mouth disease than malicious intent or a conspiracy to murder.

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
Seems to me that it was one of those innocent things, when I look at it in context she was making the point that there have been elections where the nomination was still up for grabs at this time in the cycle.

She's been wearing out the one about her husband, so she added that Bobby Kennedy was still in the heat of the election in June 1968. Oops. Appears innocent to me.

Of course, maybe I'm wrong.

Maybe that was the code word to unleash the assassins.

mshan

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2004
My problem with above argument is that she would /should have very quickly realized what she said, probably jolted back when she realized it, and clarified her statement right then (not two hours later). Video doesn't show that.