OMG, Chris Bangle has struck again!!!! BMW CS1 (1-Series Concept)

punkrawket

Golden Member
Oct 6, 2001
rolleye.gif

Descartes

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
I saw that on bimmer.org. Absolutely nasty, imo. I loved the E30, loved the E36 (although it looks a little dated now), and love the E46. In '99 when the first E46 hit the roads I thought they were rather nasty, as I was so used to the E36. Maybe that will be the case w/ this one?

Who knows. As it stands now, I think it's fugly. Now as bad as the new 7-series though...

AmigaMan

Diamond Member
Oct 12, 1999
Doesn't look that bad. I could get used to it but then again, I'll never be able to afford to own a BMW so it doesn't matter what I think... :(

NFS4

No Lifer
Oct 9, 1999

<< It is bad, but not THAT bad.
What is it you don't like?
>>

It ain't no BMW. It looks like a fuggin' Hyundai!:|:|

Bangle is taking the company down the wrong road in styling.

Flat

Banned
Jan 18, 2001
The other day me and my girlfriend wasted our time taking a look at the new 7. For some reason she really liked the profile on that abomination in pictures...! Well needless to say we both nearly vomited upon viewing that piece of trash. Its not only the exterior, but the interior is horrible also, the headrest are made out of about 500 pieces for absolutly no reason, iDrive or whatever the hell its called is illogical and really ugly to boot.

As for the drive, well its pretty fast, but thats about it. It understeers like a mother! I belive even the ride in the Audi S8 is superior.

This guy is really a disgrace, BMW needs Wolfgang Ritzle back badly. Just look at the new Range Rover designed under him, its a beauty inside and out!

SCSIfreek

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2000
Damn that car looks like a happy face which for a car its fugly. as many of you have already stated, whoever is designing these cars needs to improve their thinking. If you looked at the new 3-series the headlights got a eye lift. to me it looked better with the 2001 models :) hehehhe...

--Scsi

aphex

Moderator<br>All Things Apple
Jul 19, 2001
I just regurgitated my dinner after seeing that.

Soulflare

Golden Member
Apr 16, 2000
Yuck.

I also liked this bit...

Saturn LS facelift

"Sales of LS has been disappointing since it was launched. Last year, less than
100,000 cars were sold, compared with the original target of 200,000 cars. Now
the LS receives a facelift and minor changes to interior decoration. The new
face, however, looks like an old Subaru Legacy thus can do nothing to stop the
sales slide.
"

KokomoGST

Diamond Member
Nov 13, 2001
I think the front end styling doesn't look bad... the body boring and kinda ugly...

so who else thinks this is just an absolute rip from the Honda S2000?
Albeit and ugly rip... S2000 below for comparison

Rear view and Front view

NFS4

No Lifer
Oct 9, 1999

<< I think the front end styling doesn't look bad... the body boring and kinda ugly...

so who else thinks this is just an absolute rip from the Honda S2000?
Albeit and ugly rip... S2000 below for comparison

Rear view and Front view
>>

Back end and side is ALL S2000...only uglier

N8Magic

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
What?

Are we even looking at the same pictures? It looks fine to me. It kind of reminds me of the new 7-series. Now those new Peugeots on that page? THEY look like ass.

NFS4

No Lifer
Oct 9, 1999

<< What?

Are we even looking at the same pictures? It looks fine to me. It kind of reminds me of the new 7-series. Now those new Peugeots on that page? THEY look like ass.
>>

Well, if you like the new 7-Series, then you'll like this piece of trash.