Olympics - CJ hunter's drug charge (Marion's husband)? Crap!

MisterPotatoHead

Jul 10, 2000
What a bunch of crap?
Even if this guy tested positive for a banned substance, the media shouldn't have a huge feeding frenzy and ruin Marion's drive for FIVE!

-POT

chess9

Elite member
Apr 15, 2000
Eating uncastrated male pig meat has been shown to elicit a positive result for nandralone in human subjects. For your edification I offer the following:

"Rapid Commun Mass Spectrom 2000;14(12):1058-65

Consequence of boar edible tissue consumption on urinary profiles of nandrolone
metabolites. I. Mass spectrometric detection and quantification of
19-norandrosterone and 19-noretiocholanolone in human urine.

Le Bizec B, Gaudin I, Monteau F, Andre F, Impens S, De Wasch K, De Brabander H

LDH-LNR, Ecole Nationale Veterinaire, BP 50707, F-44087 Nantes Cedex 03,
France.

For the first time in the field of steroid residues in humans, demonstration of
19-norandrosterone (19-NA: 3alpha-hydroxy-5alpha-estran-17-one) and
19-noretiocholanolone (19-NE: 3alpha-hydroxy-5beta-estran-17-one) excretion in
urine subsequent to boar consumption is reported. Three male volunteers agreed
to consume 310 g [nb: 10 ounces] of tissues from the edible parts (meat, liver,
heart and
kidney) of a boar. The three individuals delivered urine samples before and
during 24 h after meal intake. After deconjugation of phase II metabolites,
purification and specific derivatisation of target metabolites, the urinary
extracts were analysed by mass spectrometry. Identification was carried out
using measurements obtained by gas chromatography/high resolution mass
spectrometry (GC/HRMS) (R = 7000) and liquid chromatography/tandem mass
spectrometry (LC/MS/MS) (positive electrospray ionisation (ESI+)).
Quantification was realised using a quadrupole mass filter. 19-NA and 19-NE
concentrations in urine reached 3.1 to 7.5 &mgr;g/L nearby 10 hours after boar
tissue consumption. Levels returned to endogenous values 24 hours after. These
two steroids are usually exploited to confirm the exogenous administration of
19-nortestosterone (19-NT: 17beta-hydroxyestr-4-en-3-one), especially in the
antidoping field. We have thus proved that eating tissues of non-castrated male
pork (in which 17beta-nandrolone is present) might induce some false
accusations of the abuse of nandrolone in antidoping. Copyright 2000 John Wiley
& Sons, Ltd.

PMID: 10861987, UI: 20320621"

This suggests that if CJ likes pork, he could have unwittingly picked up large doses of nandralone IF he was eating uncastrated male pig meat.

And you thought you had heard it all!

Just wait till Johnny Cochran gets ahold of this. :p

goog40

Diamond Member
Mar 16, 2000
When something like this comes up, I tend to believe that the athlete is at fault. But I saw the press conference and I'm thinking there's no way he used steroids. It seemed obvious that he doesn't even have that burning fire to compete and just wanted to spend time with his wife. The doctor said they thought it might have been from one of the iron supplements he was taking.

chess9

Elite member
Apr 15, 2000
goog40:
A lot of athletes think some of the body building supplements also have steroids in them. For that reason alone, many athletes steer clear of them. Remember, these supplements are not certified by the FDA. They could all be bleached dog sh*t and almost no one would know. Competitors do check each others products, but the extent and frequency of the testing is unknown. I would not be surprised if CJ got SOME from a supplement, but to have 4 positive tests AND test 1000 times over normal values is, uh, well, to be polite, highly suspect. After the first positive, an honest athlete will check his food, supplements, and medications. If he didn't do that, he was courting disaster. The only out is the pig meat scenario. Makes him look like a certified homeboy too. :p

goog40

Diamond Member
Mar 16, 2000
Ok, go with the pig meat scenario. Didn't know it was 1000 times the normal(wtf?).

chess9

Elite member
Apr 15, 2000
MisterPotatoHead:

I think this will only be fuel for Marion's fire! Unfortunately, if she wins everyone will say she also was drugged. If she loses, they will say she couldn't stand the pressure and was probably overwrought because she was, WHAT?, on DRUGS! So, she is in a very difficult spot. I don't think she is juiced, but if she is, she needs to get a refund 'cause she is still pretty skinny. :p

Napalm

Platinum Member
Oct 12, 1999
Yeah - this guy is about as innocent as Ben Johnson (and Michael Johnson, and Carl Lewis, and Marion Jones, and yeah - even Donovan Bailey). CJ only tested positive 4 times this summer and his levels were only 1000 times above the legal limit. And my favorite - "oh, he cried in the press conference - he must be innocent!" Sorry - if it walks like a duck and talks like a duck, it probably is a duck.

And NFS4 - wake up dude: If people are only talking about CJ Hunter now it is because it only made it to the light of day now. The US track and field agencies have been suppressing positive tests for years and years and years. How is it that 15 US atheletes have tested postive for steroids in the past year and none of the names have been released if there is no cover-up? How is it that the IOC and the White House are now calling on the US Track head honchos to come clean if there is not cover-up?

This thing stinks so bad that NBC must be must be dry-heaving. Welcome to Ben Johnson all over again, only this time you can't point the smug little finger at Canada...

Napalm

GL

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
People wake up! Does burning candles in your house set off your smoke alarm? The type of excuses that athletes dream up are absolutely pathetic and only a very naive person would believe them. I've heard them all...from "I had so much sex that my testosterone level was 1000 times normal" to this most recent "I eat so much pork, and I especially love uncastrated pork so now my testosterone level is too high".

-GL

NFS4

No Lifer
Oct 9, 1999

<< And NFS4 - wake up dude: If people are only talking about CJ Hunter now it is because it only made it to the light of day now. The US track and field agencies have been suppressing positive tests for years and years and years. How is it that 15 US atheletes have tested postive for steroids in the past year and none of the names have been released if there is no cover-up? How is it that the IOC and the White House are now calling on the US Track head honchos to come clean if there is not cover-up? >>

I'm not disputing the fact that he did or did not take the drugs (he probably did)...it's just the fact that the timing is so damn &quot;convenient.&quot; This is nothing but a ploy to ruffle Marion's feathers. They could have waited til AFTER the Olympics to release this shit. They couldn't have waited another week? I mean come on, it took them months to get this far.

I smell a filthy, stinking fat-ass rat.

GL

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
NFS4,

I think the reason they did this is because 1) they just found out, or somebody blew the lid off to the media about this issue, only recently...and 2) CJ is Marion's coach in these Olympics. Under the rules I don't believe he is even allowed to coach her if he indeed failed these drug tests in July. I could be wrong, but I think that's why this is so big.

I don't usually believe in guilt by association, but under the circumstances it's probable that Marion takes steroids too. The reasoning? First off, it's a lot easier for women to take steroids and get away with it. Naturally, the vast majority of women only have 5% of the testosterone levels of men. Yet, a very minute percentage of women have up to 50% of the testosterone levels of men. In order not to discriminate against these women, women in general are allowed to have up to 50% of the testosterone levels of men. As you can see, there is a HUGE buffer for women to take steroids and get away with it. I'm off on a tangent, but getting back to more reasons...She's in a relationship with a steroid-taking athlete. She HAS to know what's going on. I'm sure she has to deal with his violent outbursts, and shrivelled private parts, and if those side effects aren't enough, I'm sure she knows about the tests he failed. If she were a non-steroid taking athlete, she probably would be offended by his behaviour, if not disgusted - enough to not go out with him. It'd be like a computer nerd going out with a techno-luddite...complete friction and almost no chance of having any meaningful relationship being sustained. I dunno, this whole thing sounds fishy. I think there are a lot more steroid-taking athletes than we are aware of though. It could be the downfall of the Olympics...I already take all the gold medal winners with a grain of salt - you never know whose injecting/sniffing/swallowing/drinking what.

-GL

Bleep

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Gollie I wondered what was causing my problem.

<< shrivelled private parts, >>

and I thought it was the cold shower.;)
Blee[