Older game and BenQ E2420HD

Krynis

Nov 24, 2003
first off I hope this is the right place to ask I was not sure which subforum to use, I apologize if I am in the wrong subforum.

I'm using a BenQ E2420HD LCD to play an older game at 1024x768, my native resolution is 1920x1080, I can deal with the low res and it even looks ok but every time it changes levels or starts or ends a video it pops up a box in the middle of the screen suggesting I run the game at 1920x1080 which is actually really irritating and I was wondering if anyone might know a way to stop this.

(Games Kotor btw, I know there is a widescreen fix but for some reason the videos dont play if I use it)

Moving this to Video where they can hopefully offer a bit more help.

Anandtech PC Gaming Moderator
KeithTalent

Last edited by a moderator:

Krynis

Nov 24, 2003
Pretty sure its from the monitor itself, the graphics for the popup are just like the OSD for the monitor

EDIT the word overlay might be more accurate then popup it does not interrupt the game or anything it just covers the center of the screen in an annoying way.

Last edited:

Rifter

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
I have a E2400HD and haver never had this problem and play alot of old non widescreen games. Although i did set my monitor to do 1:1 scaling and NOT stretch the smaller res images which is what it was set to do by default. Perhaps try that.