Older Black Voters are doing their part

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Lezunto

Golden Member
Oct 24, 2020
Ackmed,

Defending one's people is not hypocritical. I've only voted for one Republican in my entire life: The late New York Senator Jacob Javits.

I would have voted for the late New York Mayor John Lindsay, but he switched to the Democratic Party.

Now, there are scores of Republican voters who are decent and cool. But I have noticed quite a few retreating to their love of guns and veiled threats of violence if they don't get their way:

Such as showing a photo I.Ds to vote even as they support the closure of state offices that have the authority to issue one. Attend inadequately funded public schools. Never protest if community members are gunned down while doing nothing wrong.

We are U.S. citizens with inalienable rights. The same as you. However trying to get folks such as you to realize this has been a centuries long pain.

Republicans simply do not believe in Fair Play, Equality or Justice for All.

And what do I expect Blacks to do, Ackmed? Ignore people such as yourself and outline a course of action that will prove advantageous for them.

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
Ackmed,

Defending one's people is not hypocritical. I've only voted for one Republican in my entire life: The late New York Senator Jacob Javits.

I would have voted for the late New York Mayor John Lindsay, but he switched to the Democratic Party.

Now, there are scores of Republican voters who are decent and cool. But I have noticed quite a few retreating to their love of guns and veiled threats of violence if they don't get their way:

Such as showing a photo I.Ds to vote even as they support the closure of state offices that have the authority to issue one. Attend inadequately funded public schools. Never protest if community members are gunned down while doing nothing wrong.

We are U.S. citizens with inalienable rights. The same as you. However trying to get folks such as you to realize this has been a centuries long pain.

Republicans simply do not believe in Fair Play, Equality or Justice for All.

And what do I expect Blacks to do, Ackmed? Ignore people such as yourself and outline a course of action that will prove advantageous for them.

In 2006 the freaking chair of the Republican party apologized to the NAACP for ignoring the needs of African Americans for decades, and in fact acknowledged they actually exploited racism for pollical gains, or as he worded it, ' tried to benefit politically from racial polarization' http://archive.boston.com/news/nation/articles/2005/07/15/gop_ignored_black_vote_chairman_says/

That was a mere 14 years ago and and not much has changed.

Reactions: Lezunto and Leeea

Lezunto

Golden Member
Oct 24, 2020
At 10:36am et

Copied to
at 10:39am et

Please explain

I have often posted on more than three news forums at a time. This recent election season had me a bit worried. But I wanted to know just how many Black people, men in particular, felt so arrogant that they would toss their own people aside support Trump.

It did not take me long to get an idea.

That is the explanation.

Reactions: Leeea

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
Heh, well, as we’re already necroed, you want evidence that the female part of our species is superior to us men when it comes to the larger social construct? IIRC 92% of black women voted against Trump while “only” 70% of black men did the same. Its the same pattern just white-shifted down the ballot. If we really want to make this thing work, men should step back and women step forward.

Tongue in cheek, but theres a gram of truth in there...

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
Heh, well, as we’re already necroed, you want evidence that the female part of our species is superior to us men when it comes to the larger social construct? IIRC 92% of black women voted against Trump while “only” 70% of black men did the same. Its the same pattern just white-shifted down the ballot. If we really want to make this thing work, men should step back and women step forward.

Tongue in cheek, but theres a gram of truth in there...
No, there's 50 Kg of truth there. Put a woman in charge.

Last edited:
Reactions: cytg111

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
Another stat show the moral fortitude 98% of black women in Alabama voted for Doug Jones while 63% of white women voted for the pedo
I dont know what their cultural damage is but I imagine its the same kind of deficiency that goes “being president is a mans job, women cant handle that”... stuck in an evolutionary ditch somewhere. Hopefully some years with a liberal agenda will woke some of these people up.