Old SLR Camera, Mamiya Sekor 1000TL

Zenmervolt

Elite member
Oct 22, 2000
It's completely worthless. I'll be glad to take it off your hands for no charge. I'll even pay shipping. ;)

(Honestly, I have no clue what it's worth. I just really like old, all-manual SLR cameras and my trusty old Contax is out of commission right now.)

ZV

NuclearFusi0n

Diamond Member
Jul 2, 2001
Sweet, I think I'll shoot a roll on this and see how it comes out.

i've never played with an all manual SLR, and just from what i've seen it's absolutely amazing! :D
No wonder people like these things.

Zenmervolt

Elite member
Oct 22, 2000
Originally posted by: NuclearFusi0n

i've never played with an all manual SLR, and just from what i've seen it's absolutely amazing! :D
Definitely do that. Manual cameras are an absolute blast to mess around with and you just can't beat the pictures they take. The Zeiss lens on my Contax is amazing. I just need to repair the film advance. :(

ZV

Doggiedog

Lifer
Aug 17, 2000
Originally posted by: Zenmervolt

Definitely do that. Manual cameras are an absolute blast to mess around with and you just can't beat the pictures they take. The Zeiss lens on my Contax is amazing. I just need to repair the film advance. :(

ZV

I have a Contax RTS 2 and you are right, it is amazing. I took 2 identical pics one with the Contax the other with my Canon T-90 and the Contax came out noticeably better. The whole picture was crystal clear when blown up. The Canon was focused in the middle but out of focus on the edges. The Canon was no slouch too at a $1,000 when I got it like 17 years ago.

NuclearFusi0n

Diamond Member
Jul 2, 2001
Hmmm, What does DIN and ASA mean? I set ASA to 200, my film speed, and the DIN changed along with it.

Any guides to full manual SLR shooting you can point me to?

Sid59

Lifer
Sep 2, 2002
google for it.

loads of photography sites out there.

send it to me, i love camera gear.

Zenmervolt

Elite member
Oct 22, 2000
Hmmm, What does DIN and ASA mean? I set ASA to 200, my film speed, and the DIN changed along with it.

Any guides to full manual SLR shooting you can point me to?
DIN and ASA are two different ways of measureing the same thing, film speed. ASA is also ISO if I remember correctly. DIN is used mainly in Europe, ASA is used in America. So changin the ASA speed will also change the DIN, they are just two different scales depending upon which scale your film is marked in.

ZV

Zenmervolt

Elite member
Oct 22, 2000
Originally posted by: Doggiedog
Originally posted by: Zenmervolt

ZV
I have a Contax RTS 2 and you are right, it is amazing. I took 2 identical pics one with the Contax the other with my Canon T-90 and the Contax came out noticeably better. The whole picture was crystal clear when blown up. The Canon was focused in the middle but out of focus on the edges. The Canon was no slouch too at a $1,000 when I got it like 17 years ago.
My Contax is over 20 years old. 139 Quartz I think. Electronic shutter and light meter, everything else is manual. I love it, but I need to get that film advance fixed. Note to others: Do not try to advance the film past the end of the roll.

ZV