Old mainframe stuff

IBMJunkman

May 7, 2015
Awesome stuff. Did you keep anything?

Yes. One 2311 disk pack that I got from Yellow Cab in Chicago. They had upgraded their system and had stacks of them in the garage. In a passing comment I asked if I could have one. They said take your pick. It is a 3M. I should have looked for an IBM. :)

Also kept one of these. http://www.ibmjunkman.com/hardware/?Holder=4&Img=1
Did not know such a thing existed until I saw it on eBay.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
That's awesome. There is something really cool about old computer/tech stuff.

If I could ever get my hands on DMS100 stuff when they start to decommission those I'd totally do it. Well, only issue is I don't really have room for it. I'd have to make it. :p

ultimatebob

Lifer
Jul 1, 2001
Wow... It reminds me of the "golden era" of IBM, back when they actually manufactured computer equipment in the USA instead of writing crummy software in whatever backwater country was most cost effective that given year :)

I would have kept the old wooden "THINK" sign. That sucker looks classic.

IBMJunkman

May 7, 2015
Wow... It reminds me of the "golden era" of IBM, back when they actually manufactured computer equipment in the USA instead of writing crummy software in whatever backwater country was most cost effective that given year :)

I would have kept the old wooden "THINK" sign. That sucker looks classic.

What they did not get is my collection of the plastic desktop THINK signs from the 60s. I have all colors and languages except Serbian/Croatian. I even have a Braille one. Don’t think it is official.

Darwin333

Lifer
Dec 11, 2006
That is some amazing stuff. I would have kept a few of those for my man cave and told all the women that it was the launch control for my nuke.

Reactions: snoopy7548