old dr. paul against mental health screening

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anarchist420

Diamond Member
Feb 13, 2010
www.facebook.com
[link]

i agree with him because it not only sets a dangerous precedent (i.e., the State will just classify more people as "mentally ill" just as they have classified too many people as "terrorists") but also simply because being mentally retarded or classified as "mentally ill" is not a justification for them to be prohibited by the State from defending themselves. if no one is disarmed by the State, then a smart person can always use a firearm to defend themself against someone who is mentally retarded.

and mentally retarded people can very easily be denied arms purchases without the State anyway.

thraashman

Lifer
Apr 10, 2000
Hmmm, why does it not shock me that Anarchist is against mental health screenings...

Meghan54

Lifer
Oct 18, 2009
Ron Paul is actually wrong that the govt. would have to store mental health info....it'd be totally unnecessary except for those with a "positive" screening, or not even then. All it'd take is a physician/mental health prof. to notify of a problem without divulging any sensitive health info.

But that wouldn't feed into his scare tactics and fear mongering at all.

Anarchist420

Diamond Member
Feb 13, 2010
www.facebook.com
Hmmm, why does it not shock me that Anarchist is against mental health screenings...
thank you for your kind reply:) i am against the State and especially one that is as tyrannical as the one we have now. i am okay with confederal government, but the nation-State is tyrannical and it only grows in power until it collapses under its own weight.

anyway, even though i dont want to live, there are mentally ill people who do want to live and just because they are mentally ill doesnt mean they should be aggressed against. you are also forgetting that no one has a right to police protection as the supreme court ruled, and then prohibiting people from defending themselves basically gives criminals a green light to commit whatever aggression they wish to. the State obviously favors its own (i.e., people who initiate aggression).

so why do you think that the State cares about us? i just dont get it because it just wants more power and it keeps it by bribing people with welfare, warfare, and largely faux security when it knows damn well that its welfare sucks, that it decreases the quality of life with IP, trade regs, and taxing the hell out of production, that it is making overseas enemies, that it invites those enemies over here, and that private charity wouldnt be any worse

not trying to be a dick at all:), but i just dont get why so many people think the State is the best thing that ever happened to everyone

momeNt

Diamond Member
Jan 26, 2011
Ron Paul is actually wrong that the govt. would have to store mental health info....it'd be totally unnecessary except for those with a "positive" screening, or not even then. All it'd take is a physician/mental health prof. to notify of a problem without divulging any sensitive health info.

But that wouldn't feed into his scare tactics and fear mongering at all.

This is a country where the SCOTUS upholds DNA profiling for being ARRESTED (not convicted) for being suspected of certain crimes. You think they'll just take a heavily redacted mental health screening when implementing this sort of gun control?

C'mon.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
The mentally ill can be dangerous. The state that determines who is mentally ill can be very dangerous. Hard to pick a winner here, but the state can be more dangerous than one individual.

JohnShadows

Oct 16, 2012
My gut feeling is that bipolars, for example, shouldn't have access to firearms. Some can present with symptoms (like paranoia) that mimic schizophrenia (though with much less overall impairment, obviously). However, then there is the possibility of an unintended effect - the fear that they will lose their ability to own a gun might drive them to refuse to seek/continue treatment. It's a tough question, overall.

Also, Paul was dishonest to write such a column, discuss veterans, and not at least bring up the issue of PTSD.

Stewox

Dec 10, 2013
Mental Health Screening being pushed is for one sole primary purpose - to filter out the ones who can see.

Confirmed: Elliot Rodger was on Alprazolam (Xanax)
http://www.naturalnews.com/045419_Elliot_Rodger_Xanax_psychiatric_drugs.html

xanax__92358_zoom.jpg

d5Sungn.jpg

http://www.naturalnews.com/039752_mass_shootings_psychiatric_drugs_antidepressants.html

Last edited:

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999

mammador

Platinum Member
Dec 9, 2010
lulz... mental illness? has no real definition.... average Joe reckons that anybody who isn't "normal" or doesn't "act with the flow" or "hurt others" is ill, and they reckon psychiatry is made up but cardiology ain't....

No, I oppose this, I like a free society, those who don't fuck off to North Korea.

Status
Not open for further replies.