(old article) Estimates that SETI will find evidence of Aliens by 2035.

ericlp

Diamond Member
Dec 24, 2000
Well, maybe...that is if you start crunching for SETI! ;)

But in all seriousness, I doubt it... I think we would have found alien life forms in our own solar system before that... But that wouldn't have anything to with SETI.

I sometimes wonder if humans will be around by 2030. Tho, with the help of AI, Humans invention of a super human artificial alien with god like powers... Esp, quantum computing may be the key to help unlock AI even further.

I believe AI, might be able to solve all of our problems... including Global Warming. Not just finding ET. It does make sense, since AI, can be set loose to work day and night spotting any anomalies and predicting even what ones would have a better chance of having the best outcomes of positive hits.

I posted an article here about it, was a nice write up from an nvidia blog. Probably one of the best ones I've read in a long time.

What if ET after a 100 years or so, find that communicating via Quantum entanglement, communicating instantly over vast amounts of space and time...without sending any signals. How are we supposed to detect that? Maybe one day we will be communicating with rovers on mars using quantum entanglement entanglement. It makes a lot of sense. Since to have a two way communication on mars, since it can take up to 24 minutes for light to reach mars from earth (depending on our planets position), but at 24 minutes, that just 1 way communication... So, one would have to wait for another 24 minutes just to get the data back, and forget about error correction. That would take even longer. AND that is just another planet in our solar system. Could you imagine waiting 10 years or 1 million years to talk to your probe half way across the galaxy? Yeah RIGHT!!! No way! The speed of light is way too slow for that!

Last edited:

ao_ika_red

Golden Member
Aug 11, 2016
Just like with any dream, we only need to believe it until it becomes reality. I'm pretty sure people of olden past were dreaming about what we've done nowadays (talking to each other from different corner of the world with less than a second of latency) but they kept believing it and voila, here we are now.