Old age confirmed - too blind/clumsy to tinker with computer parts

Jeeebus

Diamond Member
Aug 29, 2006
I guess it's time to start looking at retirement homes. Harkening back to the days when I used to put computers together myself, I figured it should still be an easy task - current computer not working, let's order a new motherboard/psu/case, swap some stuff out, and be awesome. Not so much. Too blind to see wtf I'm doing, too clumsy to handle tiny little screws, and too stupid to know what I'm doing anymore. A few hundred dollars and several curse words later, I now have 2 non-functioning computers. Looks like pre-built computers only for the limited amount of time I have left on this Earth.

• Haha
Reactions: skyking

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
That's just postponing the inevitable. OPs life is now nothing but boiled chicken for dinner and reruns of Matlock.
giphy.gif

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
I guess it's time to start looking at retirement homes. Harkening back to the days when I used to put computers together myself, I figured it should still be an easy task - current computer not working, let's order a new motherboard/psu/case, swap some stuff out, and be awesome. Not so much. Too blind to see wtf I'm doing, too clumsy to handle tiny little screws, and too stupid to know what I'm doing anymore. A few hundred dollars and several curse words later, I now have 2 non-functioning computers. Looks like pre-built computers only for the limited amount of time I have left on this Earth.
I think I took as much time deciding which pre-built to buy as I would have just building it myself.

skyking

Lifer
Nov 21, 2001
Look at the bright side of it. You no longer are compelled to build one to save money or get fantastic FPS's, so it has entered the realm of hobby. There are no real time constraints on hobbies, so you are killing it now :D

Last edited:

PJFrylar

Apr 17, 2016
I might be willing to help out for room, board, and fruit from those bomb ass fruit trees you have.

Lanyap

Elite Member
Dec 23, 2000
LED head spotlight, magnetic screwdriver and a shot of whisky to steady the nerves. ;)

Reactions: MtnMan

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
Sucks. Not looking forward to the day I'm too old to do certain things. I find time just flys by now days so it feels like it won't be that long. I really need to get out of "the system" and find a better way to make a living though and find a cheaper place to live. Don't want to work all my life then retire and be too old to do anything. Right now I have no money to do anything since it all goes towards bills. Even building a machine now days requires me to save up for a year or so.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
Sucks. Not looking forward to the day I'm too old to do certain things. I find time just flys by now days so it feels like it won't be that long. I really need to get out of "the system" and find a better way to make a living though and find a cheaper place to live. Don't want to work all my life then retire and be too old to do anything. Right now I have no money to do anything since it all goes towards bills. Even building a machine now days requires me to save up for a year or so.

Im hoping technology will have improved by then and they can actually correct eyeball shape, as opposed to the current system which is shaving the retina and hoping your prescription never changes.

VirtualLarry

No Lifer
Aug 25, 2001
I have some occasional peripheral neuropathy in my right hand / wrist, which makes it hard to screw things in. Not so bad lately, once I laid off the powdered energy drinks with high B vitamin content, and cut down on sugar intake.