Olbermann looking to get upward of $4mm +

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

JS80

Lifer
Oct 24, 2005
Originally posted by: mugs
Originally posted by: JS80

Bill ORLY always has the opposing viewpoint whenever he has a debate. I'm not a big fan of Bill. He tries to hard to be in the middle.

He tries hard to LOOK like he's in the middle. More now than he used to.

Hence, I stopped watching.

Originally posted by: sandorski
Anyone who hates Stewart or Colbert has some major issues. Disagree, ok, think they are not funny, ok, but to truly hate them is more a problem with the Viewer and not Stewart/Colbert.

who said anything about hating stewart/colbert?

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
Originally posted by: NFS4

Watching The Daily Show is the equivalent of reading Cliff's Notes. You get most of the pertinent information of the day's political news in a brief period of time. Whether you agree with his slant is another topic for discussion.

reading USAToday is the equivalent of Cliffs Notes. on the daily show, about all you get is the slant. they even admit its fake news and that their opinions aren't thought out. watching the daily show to get news is no better than, say, the american free press.

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: mugs

Bill ORLY always has the opposing viewpoint whenever he has a debate. I'm not a big fan of Bill. He tries to hard to be in the middle.

He tries hard to LOOK like he's in the middle. More now than he used to.

Hence, I stopped watching.

Originally posted by: sandorski
Anyone who hates Stewart or Colbert has some major issues. Disagree, ok, think they are not funny, ok, but to truly hate them is more a problem with the Viewer and not Stewart/Colbert.

who said anything about hating stewart/colbert?

You imply it with every post.

Phokus

Lifer
Nov 20, 1999
Originally posted by: ElFenix
Originally posted by: NFS4

Watching The Daily Show is the equivalent of reading Cliff's Notes. You get most of the pertinent information of the day's political news in a brief period of time. Whether you agree with his slant is another topic for discussion.

reading USAToday is the equivalent of Cliffs Notes. on the daily show, about all you get is the slant. they even admit its fake news and that their opinions aren't thought out. watching the daily show to get news is no better than, say, the american free press.

Actually, watching the daily show, you get to watch stewart make fun of the media's own slant. Anyone crying about bias on the daily show is a moron.

PokerGuy

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
I'm conservative, but I enjoy watching Olbermann. His show is pretty much the only news/infotainment show I can watch. I'm certainly not going to watch O'Reilly and his drivel, Olbermann is at least funny.

I don't think he's worth that kind of cash (4 Mil plus), but he definitely deserves a raise for what he's done for the network.

NFS4

No Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: PokerGuy
I'm conservative, but I enjoy watching Olbermann. His show is pretty much the only news/infotainment show I can watch. I'm certainly not going to watch O'Reilly and his drivel, Olbermann is at least funny.

I don't think he's worth that kind of cash (4 Mil plus), but he definitely deserves a raise for what he's done for the network.

I agree. He sometimes annoys me when he stares into the camera with the holier than thou look, but overall he's great entertainment.

Bill O'Reilly, worst person in the worrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrld.