Oklahoma House passes open permit weapons law

Status
Not open for further replies.

spidey07

No Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
More states are continually realizing that allow people to carry weapons does not lead to the wild wild west as predicted by the left. Passed 89-5. There is a tactical advantage of carrying openly in that you can get your weapon and on target much quicker.

"I would have thought by now somebody would have messed up," Martin told the Tulsa World (Okla.). "So it's further evidence that law-abiding citizens in possession of firearms do not add to the total danger."

Read more: http://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2012...weapons-law/UPI-40021331223559/#ixzz1odpVpeuB

thraashman

Lifer
Apr 10, 2000
I don't know how the rest on the left feel about this. The Second Amendment is one of the weirdest to interpret. First you have a large portion of the population that believes that for some reason the Second Amendment begins with a clause that should be completely disregarded (about militia). Then you have people that read the word infringe differently. Your standard "gun nut" reads it as "abridged" which means the right can't be decreased or regulated. The word actually means that it can't be prevented, so regulation is fully legal assuming the right isn't completely removed. There's limits to the First Amendment that have been upheld time and again, why not the Second? But then, this is all just me thinking intelligently based on the actual language of the amendment instead of legal interpretation by activist conservative judges.

Assuming you adhere to the view held by the activist conservative judges that Second Amendment rights have no limits, then open carry should be perfectly legal. Concealed carry however should not be automatically protected. Having the right to carry and having the right to conceal that you're carrying should not fall under the same blanket.

Status
Not open for further replies.