Oklahoma Cop Sues Department Over Mosque Assignment

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Apr 27, 2012
Incorruptible

Prayer service? The guy is supposedly tough enough to possibly be in a gun battle for his life in his chosen line of work, but listening to a prayer from a religion other than his own will damage him? What boon to the crooks; see him coming and start reciting a Muslim prayer (maybe Jewish would work too, lol) and watch him run away in self defense, or maybe can't aim his gun because he has to put both hands over his ears.

The guy is an emotional and mental midget.

You just admitted that there is a prayer service!

Thats the whole point since he cant be forced to go to a PRAYER SERVICE

thraashman

Lifer
Apr 10, 2000
Matt1970

He had other options, including having someone else perform the duty. Instead, he chose to just be an insubordinate asshole and refuse to do anything. Nothing "forced" about it.

I've mentioned this several times. The conservatards in here have ignored it each time. They just want a reason to hate Muslims and claim there's a war on Christianity. Facts are some of the most useless things when dealing with the ATP&N conservatives, they will be wholly ignored.

Apr 27, 2012
I've mentioned this several times. The conservatards in here have ignored it each time. They just want a reason to hate Muslims and claim there's a war on Christianity. Facts are some of the most useless things when dealing with the ATP&N conservatives, they will be wholly ignored.

There is a prayer service though! If this was the other way around all you leftists would be complaining

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
he has to serve all citizens, not just christians. it's part of the job. if he doesn't like it he can get another job.

His interpretations of his Christian teachings or the people who taught him Christianity are wrong.

Matt1970

Lifer
Mar 19, 2007

Look asshat, if he feels it is a violation of church and state to force someone to go to a Musque, he sure as hell isn't going to force others to do that.

thraashman

Lifer
Apr 10, 2000
Look asshat, if he feels it is a violation of church and state to force someone to go to a Musque, he sure as hell isn't going to force others to do that.

So if he feels it violates church and state to stop a crime in progress at the mosque he just won't respond to an emergency call or send any officers too? That's the logic you're using. He was told those who went didn't have to participate in the prayer service. The man is using his narrow view to try to get his very wrong way.

Matt1970

Lifer
Mar 19, 2007
So if he feels it violates church and state to stop a crime in progress at the mosque he just won't respond to an emergency call or send any officers too? That's the logic you're using. He was told those who went didn't have to participate in the prayer service. The man is using his narrow view to try to get his very wrong way.

Really? You think he would ignore a crime at a Mosque?

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
No different than a pharmacist who refuses to fill BC prescriptions over personal religious beliefs.

1 of 2 things needs to happen:

Either

a) dude works as a public servant and needs to realize that the dogma needs to be checked at the door when you clock in

or b) get a new fucking job!

We hear so many right wingers lambast the left for being too PC or whining... and this guy is horrified that he might hear Jesus only referred to as a prophet and not The One!
lol too funny. Get the sand out of your vaginas holy rollers, the world does not revolve around your religious subscription!

Apr 27, 2012
No different than a pharmacist who refuses to fill BC prescriptions over personal religious beliefs.

1 of 2 things needs to happen:

Either

a) dude works as a public servant and needs to realize that the dogma needs to be checked at the door when you clock in

or b) get a new fucking job!

We hear so many right wingers lambast the left for being too PC or whining... and this guy is horrified that he might hear Jesus only referred to as a prophet and not The One!
lol too funny. Get the sand out of your vaginas holy rollers, the world does not revolve around your religious subscription!

Imagine this was the other way around and a Muslim cop was forced to go to a Church, if he complained you leftists would be defending him

cybrsage

Lifer
Nov 17, 2011

This has nothing to do with a crime. It is a feel good event. No protection service was to be done, no investigation of a crime, etc. Linking the too is silly.

I personally think cops should have gone, no reason not to and it makes their jobs easier if they get to be friendly with the community they serve...but to say a public relations event is the same as a crime in progress or protection from an attacker is ludicrious.

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
Imagine this was the other way around and a Muslim cop was forced to go to a Church, if he complained you leftists would be defending him

I'm not a leftist and you need to get something through that dense head of yours: you don't get to speak for anyone but yourself. Speculation about that which you are ignorant of doesn't prove anything. Makes you look like an unoriginal idiot if anything.

My answer to a Muslim cop would be exactly the same. I'm sure that doesn't jive with your agenda to post everything you can demonizing muslim culture while pulling the standard christian victim routine, but oh well. Troll on fool.

mchammer187

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2000

Only an idiot would be that dense.

Do you think a Muslim cop would be justified if he complained and would you defend him in that position because I know I certainly would not.

I know you think anyone who is in favor of multiculturalism supports abominations like :http://forums.anandtech.com/showthread.php?t=2263964 but sorry some people just think everyone deserves a someone fair shot and equal treatment at things and if you get dealt a shitty hand maybe a little help.

Last edited:

Abraxas

Golden Member
Oct 26, 2004
If this was a normal "community outreach" event then I'd agree with you, but it wasn't.

This is far beyond the normal community outreach of get an award, shake a few hands, smile for the cameras and eat a cupcake. No one volunteered to do it. Like most liberal authoritarians you think it's cool to force people to do things they don't want to do. I'm glad this Captain said "no".

Christ you are stupid. What kind of message do you think it sends to any community when a cop spits in the face of someone trying to express appreciation for law enforcement? You are already dealing with a community that a lot of the time feels oppressed, feels persecuted, feels discriminated against, and who has a distrust of law enforcement. You honestly think that will get better when Captain Dumbshit declares they are a bunch of subhumans because they have the audacity to have different religious beliefs?

We already see the results of a failure to reach out all across America in a lot of minority communities where snitches get stitches and even if you see someone murdered you don't talk about it; you don't talk with the police. Community outreach is one of the most important tasks a policeman has, if this guy doesn't recognize that he needs to leave the force, period.

Apr 27, 2012
I'm not a leftist and you need to get something through that dense head of yours: you don't get to speak for anyone but yourself. Speculation about that which you are ignorant of doesn't prove anything. Makes you look like an unoriginal idiot if anything.

My answer to a Muslim cop would be exactly the same. I'm sure that doesn't jive with your agenda to post everything you can demonizing muslim culture while pulling the standard christian victim routine, but oh well. Troll on fool.

There is nothing wrong with community outreach events, those are necessary. Whats not necessary is forcing him to go to a prayer service and having his faith insulted

cybrsage

Lifer
Nov 17, 2011
He should have gone and then if their prayer service or sermon or whatever started being critical of his religion (directly critical), then he should have gotten up and walked out.

EDIT: When I was in boot camp I was a religious liason for my boot camp company - in other words, I acted as an enforcer on Sundays during the services to make sure people acted properly, etc. I had to attend many different Christian denominations' services and some of them taught things I completely disagreed with. I did my job, though. It was interesting, for we were actualy trained in how to tell if someone was "feeling the spirit" or was just being disruptive. :) Dunno if I could still tell them apart now that a few decades have gone by.

Last edited:

her209

No Lifer
Oct 11, 2000
Weird, no complaints when similar type events are scheduled for other faiths.

http://www.newson6.com/Global/story.asp?S=14075965

Webster noted that officers have been assigned to similar outreach events at the Jewish Community Center, churches in north Tulsa to reach out to African American citizens and churches in east Tulsa to reach out to Hispanic residents. He said officers have even given protection to members of the Westboro Church who protest at soldiers' funerals.

cybrsage

Lifer
Nov 17, 2011
Protection is completely and utterly different from community outreach events. Though Jewish and Muslim's are both alike in their view that Jesus is not the Messiah.

alzan

Diamond Member
May 21, 2003
There is nothing wrong with community outreach events, those are necessary. Whats not necessary is forcing him to go to a prayer service and having his faith insulted

If his faith can be insulted that easily than it's not much of a faith.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
They are saying that Jesus Christ is only a prophet, this is incitement of riot and needs to be stopped

Bu, bu , bu in one of your other "I hate Muslims" threads Muslims shouldn't get upset when someone blasphem's their religious beliefs like waving a pig's head on a stick.

Dec 10, 2005
They are saying that Jesus Christ is only a prophet, this is incitement of riot and needs to be stopped

trollboat.jpg

Throckmorton

Lifer
Aug 23, 2007
This story is asinine. The police department shouldn't have made attending the event at the mosque mandatory, much less punished the cop for not going.

Last edited: