Ok you Knife freaks! Check this out!

Brutuskend

Lifer
Apr 2, 2001
A guy named Bill Harsey came into the shop where I work today with a sample of a knife he makes. He just got a contract with the special forces to supply THEM with this beauty.

"The Yarborough" This was the site he pointed us too.

(I think I can make a trade with him for a bike he wants to buy! :D How sweet would THAT be!!??)

Another site This is the one that was listed on the product "flyer" he showed us.

And YES he had a "Sample" with him!!

OH yeah I almost forgot, all THREE of us working today are EX-Marines. Mr. Harsey said he liked us Marines a lot more than he likes those ARMY guys!! ;)

Brutuskend

Lifer
Apr 2, 2001
You think that's good! I also have this.

I wore one of those to the Marine Corps ball one year. Not thinking that by wearing it I was "Under Arms" meaning I had to keep my "Blues" cover on. It got REAL hot, so about half way through the ball, the sword went to the car......

(But that one was USMC issue, so I'm sure the Gov. forked out a LOT more for it! Wish I could have kept THAT one!!)

ohtwell

Lifer
Jan 6, 2002
Originally posted by: Brutuskend
You think that's good! I also have this.

I wore one of those to the Marine Corps ball one year. Not thinking that by wearing it I was "Under Arms" meaning I had to keep my "Blues" cover on. It got REAL hot, so about half way through the ball, the sword went to the car......

You were a Marine?

: ) Amanda

Aves

Lifer
Feb 7, 2001
Yeah Amanda has both of those, her dad was a Marine.

Knowing him, they may have been used to kill someone! :Q

ohtwell

Lifer
Jan 6, 2002
Originally posted by: aves2k
Yeah Amanda has both of those, her dad was a Marine.

Knowing him, they may have been used to kill someone! :Q

You be quiet about my daddy! :p

ohtwell

Lifer
Jan 6, 2002
Yup I was a JAR HEAD........

1971-1974

Cool! My dad was in the Marines when you were. He got in around 1963 and didn't get out till after I was born in 1980. :)

I am very proud of him for his service.

Brutuskend

Lifer
Apr 2, 2001
Where was he stationed?

I was a "Air Winger", and spent most of the time I was in @ MARTD, MARTC, MCAS, El Toro Ca.

( I can't believe I STILL remember the address after all these years!!):Q

Brutuskend

Lifer
Apr 2, 2001
Camp Lejeune N.C.

I was stationed at New River N.C. for a short time. It was just out side Camp Lejeune. New River was where I went to "specialty" school after Millington Tenn. Jet School.

My Brother-In-Law was stationed at Camp Lejeune, as was my best friend from Missouri.

ohtwell

Lifer
Jan 6, 2002
I was close in the spelling.

I know he was stationed many different places. Another that comes to mind was a base in LA.

I wonder if you ever met him and just don't know it. That would be too weird. :)

Brutuskend

Lifer
Apr 2, 2001
I wonder if you ever met him and just don't know it. That would be too weird.

Yeah it would!

I can't think of any base's in L.A., though EL Toro was south of there. Close to Santa Anna.

There was a Air Base up that way(L.A.), but it's been so long I don't remember what it was called.

News of My Old Base

ohtwell

Lifer
Jan 6, 2002
I wonder if you ever met him and just don't know it. That would be too weird.

Yeah it would!

I can't think of any base's in L.A., though EL Toro was south of there. Close to Santa Anna.

There was a Air Base up that way(L.A.), but it's been so long I don't remember what it was called.

News of My Old Base

More than likely El Toro is the one he was talking about. He probably just mentioned LA so that I would know around where it was. :)

cavemanmoron

Lifer
Mar 13, 2001
ok here is the knife i carry when ever i leave the house,
{Or when i am in the house clothed,in more than Boxers,;)}
hope the link works
look for Tinker
I have found this to be the most useful tool i own, Very handy,and not so large as to be cumbersome.
cuts,opens cans, bottles,has a leather awl,and the tweezers are great for slivers!:D