Ok... what movie are you embarrased to say that you actually like....

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Yeeny

Lifer
Feb 2, 2000
Dennilfloss: I love Xanadu! Olivia Newton-John was excellent, and I used to watch that over and over and dream I could dance like them. My mothers friend (who was extremely religious) started yelling at me when I was 10 for watching it, and insisting I was going to hell! Ah the memories... ;)

Topher

Golden Member
Oct 10, 1999
I'm not ashamed of it, but I love any Marx Brothers or Three Stooges movie. The wife refuses to watch them, so I have to do it when she's not around to complain.

See No Evil, Hear No Evil - (or was it the other way around) - anyway, I'm still finding new things to laugh at in that one.

Private Eyes - with Don Adams and Tim Conway - actually a movie the family can enjoy. I just can't find it anywhere though.

Spearfodder

Jun 19, 2000
Flesh Gordon! That movie is awesome. When I was in jr high having a d&d party with some friends, my mom accidently rented it thinking it was flash gordon. We watched it 3 times.

I found it on amazon earlier this year on dvd and bought it. It's even more funny than I remember it being so many years ago.

XMan

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
I loved From Dusk Till Dawn . . . even the sequels weren't so bad, even though the second one was only mildly entertaining. The 3rd one is possibly even better than the first . . .

Oh, and Kabelogo?

<< but heinlen could have learned from steakley, and incoprporated more of an Armour feel to his book. >>

Sacrilege, boy, sacrilege. Heinlein wrote ST in ~1955; Steakly wrote Armor in the early 1990s - it's an homage to ST, as is Haldeman's The Forever War. Not trying to flame you or anything, but the very idea of Heinlein learning anything from Steakley is laughable at best . . . RA Heinlein inspired most of the sci-fi writers out today - David Drake, Joe Haldeman, Steve Perry, John Steakley, et al.