Ok... what movie are you embarrased to say that you actually like....

Anybody

Dec 16, 1999
Personally, for me.. its Ford Fairlane. For some reason I just liked the movie. I hate clays stand up shtick...but when put into a character I actually found his testosterone fueled ego hilarious. The celebs made funny cameos...and who couldn't enjoy a car chase with a hearse and a limo through a graveyard!

Ok line up folks...tell us your sins...

:p

Yeeny

Lifer
Feb 2, 2000
Porkys II, The Next Day, the zombie scene in the graveyard just kills me. And Tommy Boy, when he starts dancing in the gas station and singing Maniac, I love that scene! :D

oldandquitemad

Jun 15, 2000
DUNE! I love that movie, but ever since Gene Siskel branded it one of the all time 10 worst I gotta be quiet about it.
I also love a movie called "Hollywood Knights", but that's a tough one to find and generally gets me looked at funny when the subject of favorites comes up.

blade

1957 - 2008<br>Elite Moderator Emeritus<br>Troll H
Oct 9, 1999
That Julie Roberts movie, My Best Friends Wedding. I thought I would hate it bigtime but I loved it. Even the songs. And if u repeat this to anyone I know I will get revenge. :D

Anybody

Dec 16, 1999
Good...Good children.. just let it out... leave your fears behind and stand up for that one gem in your collection that you keep hidden (no..not THOSE movies...the ones without all the nekkid people) behind your vcr because you don't want folks to see it but you do want easy access to play it again and again....

WombatWoman

Diamond Member
Feb 19, 2000
Most of the movie critics and many of my friends just hated &quot;Starship Troopers.&quot; I thought it was a hoot. Robert A. Heinlein it ain't, but when viewed as mindless kickass entertainment, &quot;Starship Troopers&quot; is a rather satisfying piece of junk. To quote the inimitable Dorothy Parker, &quot;For those who like this sort of thing, this is the sort of thing they like.&quot;

kabelogo

Banned
Dec 1, 1999
but heinlen could have learned from steakley, and incoprporated more of an Armour feel to his book.

0beron

Jun 1, 2000
hehe... WW

I was just about to say Starship Troopers (I actually own the video :Q). I think its all the shiny pretty people they have in the movie.

miken

Mar 22, 2000
Clue.. Tim Curry rocks! What's wrong with StarShip troopers? I liked that movie!

SirFshAlot

Elite Member
Apr 11, 2000
I'm not ashamed at all to say that I christened our DVD player with Starship Troopers.

We own the DVD and I watched it again the other night for the umpteenth time.

I'd be more embarrased to admit I got a kick out of my wife's DVD of My Fair Lady. That Henry Higgins character killed me.

Electric Amish

Elite Member
Oct 11, 1999
Don't be ashamed Tee_Edwards...

Most people just aren't sophisticated enough to enjoy the finer points of Hudson Hawk. #1 on my ALL TIME BEST list!!! :D

I'm not ashamed about any of the movies I like!!

I do catch some flak for the movies I don't like...

Pulp Fiction was all the rage, so my wife and I watched and were like....WTF????

Blair Witch was a waste of time I could have spent better getting a root canal.

etc...

amish

hubbs

Platinum Member
Mar 26, 2000
Happy Gilmore:) That movie is hilarious. Lots a people think it's dumb if you watch it too much but I can watch that movie all the time:)