OK we can still bash the Amish...right ?

jacobnero6918

Sep 30, 2000
I mean those people are freaks with there buggys and no electricity. For fun they raise a barn.

Without the warm glow of a monitor a man would go insane!

yakko

Lifer
Apr 18, 2000
Stay away from Electric Amish. They fscked with his Skittles and he just may kill you.

brxndxn

Diamond Member
Apr 3, 2001
Hey. I'm Amish. I'm sinning right now, but I'm still Amish! And you are really offending me. Don't make me shun you!

just kidding - but my Mom lived near a bunch of Amish and she said they are probably the nicest people on Earth.

CPBrownson

Apr 11, 2001
Funny thing about the Amish. Not too long ago my wife and I were in a McD's and this large Amish family came in with four girls about 12-15 years old. The girls were dressed like they just walked off the set of Little House on the Prarie with the long dresses and bonnets and all. I was watching them out of the corner of my eye and the whole time we were there those four girls kept eyeing my wife. My wife is very beautiful, stylish, yet modest in her appearance and dress. Obviously I don't know for sure what those girls were thinking, but after watching them watch my wife for some time I began to get the feeling that they were admiring her. Perhaps they were wishing they didn't have to wear those silly costumes and could make themselves look as beautiful as my wife?
My point is that I think the children suffer more than what their elders are willing to admit. It's tough as it is being a kid these days; it must be even harder to be an Amish kid in a modern world!

PistachioByAzul

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
CPBrownson, I'll bet they thought your wife was a prostitute. A woman in a t-shirt, jeans and sneakers is probably an ungodly sight for them :)

Damn typos..

CPBrownson

Apr 11, 2001
You calling my wife whore?!!!!!!!!!
;)
LOL! I suppose it's possible. I was forced to have a buzz cut while growing up and used to look at long-haired guys in that same admiring wish-I-could-be-like-that kind of way. So I'm pretty familiar with that look and understand the emotions behind it. I'm almost certain that's what I saw.

Amused

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2001

<< You calling my wife whore?!!!!!!!!!
;)
LOL! I suppose it's possible. I was forced to have a buzz cut while growing up and used to look at long-haired guys in that same admiring wish-I-could-be-like-that kind of way. So I'm pretty familiar with that look and understand the emotions behind it. I'm almost certain that's what I saw.
>>

Yeah, those long haired girly boys make Jebidiah have unclean thoughts.

trulfe

May 17, 2000
Now that we are making fun of the Amish I received an Amish virus in my e-mail inbox.

ATTENTION:

You have just received the Amish virus. Since we have no electricity or computers, you are on the honor system. Please delete all of your files on your hard drive. Then forward this message to everyone in your address book.

Thank thee.

qwerty

May 19, 2001
The Amish are just a bunch of fools. Gypsies and pikies are the scum of the earth, and midgets are just... hilarious:p

Mikal

Platinum Member
Apr 11, 2001
At least they don't go around the world with missionaries trying to cram their beliefs down other's throats......

Let them be, they are harmless.

mztykal

Diamond Member
Apr 21, 2000
Just watch...when there's no electricity who's going to go down to the basement to feed the midget running on the wheel that powers up the generator....

:D