OK, this is weird...

jhansman

Platinum Member
Feb 5, 2004
Tried to buy and download Trackmania:Canyons a few nights ago, and (count 'em) two attempts failed, both with payment rejected. Tried two credit cards and two different email addresses. The possible reasons they list don't seem to apply to my, so I'm stumped. Emailed their support, but as yet have not heard back. Anyone else run into this? Never before have I had payment rejected, so I'm not sure how to proceed here. TIA.

Punter

Jul 21, 2006
Did you choose the proper credit card logo? That is the mistake I made first try. (Not that I expect anyone else to be as daft as me)

edit: fun little game btw.

Nizology

Oct 13, 2004
Had never heard of this before. Looks interesting.

I'd guess either the right logo, or double check your CCV code.

jhansman

Platinum Member
Feb 5, 2004
Did you choose the proper credit card logo? That is the mistake I made first try. (Not that I expect anyone else to be as daft as me)

edit: fun little game btw.

Didn't even think of that. If that's the problem, those folks need to code their site better. Each card type uses a distinct numbering system for the first four digits. I'll try it tonight. Should be interesting what their support people say, should I ever hear back from them. Thanks.

Madia

May 2, 2006
Is the site you're buying from overseas? When I first tried to buy something from greenmangaming.com (located in the UK) my credit card company rejected it. I had to call them to let them know it was a legit purchase.

Karstein

Mar 31, 2011
They had the same problems when they first opened pre-orders, didn't know it was still going. The resolution is basically to just keep trying. I paid with Paypal and repeatedly kept trying to order until it finally worked. You don't have to sign in and confirm anything with Paypal by that stage, so no fear of being multi-charged.

I don't recall anyone who did that with a credit card getting multi-charged, though, so it's probably safe to do the same method with that.

jhansman

Platinum Member
Feb 5, 2004
Yeah, I suspected such when tech support replied that they could find no attempt to pay using the email address I supplied. I'll keep trying, but I wonder if they realize the problem is with them? Question: If I use another computer and succeed, will I end up with a file (or files) I can port to my gaming rig? I don't really care what system I get it with, only that I can install it where I need it. Thanks.

BTW, tried again last night (making sure I used the right logo for the card), but no joy. Bummed. :(

Last edited: