OK, The Vancouver Grizzlies suck I know so.....

HansHurt

Platinum Member
Apr 5, 2001
Why did they take Shane Battier over the massive Eddie Curry? Also, we almost got Gary Payton for Shareef Abdur Rahim...must have been a money thing I guess.

Did you notice we also grabbed Jason Williams LOL

I admit I only caught a glimpse of what happened at the draft so feel free to correct any of my mistakes. I wanna know what you thought.( like anyone cares about the Grizz)

I know the Grizzlies are hardly worth a thread, but they are my home team :eek: at least for now anyways.

Another thing, the grizzly logo that they designed has got to be the worst ever..it looks like it was made in a grade 7 art class(I would have graded it w/ a 'D' to)

Anyway, fire away. Tell me what you think.

JayPatel

Diamond Member
Jun 14, 2000
uhh u do know they are leaving for memphis...so u should be calling them the memphis grizzlies

HansHurt

Platinum Member
Apr 5, 2001
Yea I know, but I will still follow them for posterity. Pretty sad. I liked having basketball here in Vancouver..the fans were always great, I got pretty pumped for the games even though we lost most of them.

Anyone know what the new name will be? I guess they can't choose one until it's totally final, but are there any leaked possible names yet?

snakesnfrogs

Banned
Mar 1, 2001

<< uhh u do know they are leaving for memphis...so u should be calling them the memphis grizzlies >>

they'll be leaving Memphis within 3 seasons---and Vancouver can have them back. Or Nashville, St. Louis or anybody else that wants 'em. Memphis won't support sh!t.

JayPatel

Diamond Member
Jun 14, 2000
i went to a few of the grizzlies games...lucky for me they won both games....gotta go for our local canucks now i guess...hopefully someday they will return back to our Raincouver...errr i mean Vancouver

HansHurt

Platinum Member
Apr 5, 2001
Yea, I wouldn't be surprised snakesandfrogs...was it Bill Laurie(sp?) that wanted to get them St Louis in the first place...aren't he and Heisley buds? I bet it's all part of the master plan :) Maybe Memphis will decide they can't build an arena at the last minute, an St. Louis will grab 'em.(doubt it).

trmiv

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
I've seen horrible, then I've seen the Grizz. I can't believe the Grizz traded Mike Bibby to the Kings for Jason Williams! Hahahahahahahaha!!! (deal also included Fat Nick Anderson, Brent Price). That is straight highway robbery by the Kings. They got rid of that overrated, all flash, no talent, team wrecking Jason Williams, and got a solid point guard in Bibby. Someone should check if the Grizz front office was drunk when they made this deal, it might be null and void.

That deal was almost as bad as the Bulls trading Elton Brand for the rights to Tyson Chandler.

FrontlineWarrior

Diamond Member
Apr 19, 2000
I don't think the Brand for Chandler deal was so bad. The Bulls took a risk in Chandler, I'll give you that, but assuming Chandler develops into half the player people think he could be, it's a nice move by Chicago. This way, Chicago locks in another great player for 3-4 years at rookie's salary in exchange for a player who will be a free agent in 2 years. Brand would be demanding a large salary, and since Krause is a tightwad, he planned ahead. Pretty nifty, albeit risky, move if you ask me. Besides, it's not like Chicago is a contender for anything other than &quot;worst record in the league&quot;. lol

BruinEd03

Platinum Member
Feb 5, 2001

<< Besides, it's not like Chicago is a contender for anything other than &quot;worst record in the league&quot;. lol >>

That's my warriors job!! :| (yes i've adopted the Lakers since I moved to UCLA so i can at least have soooome pride left :()

-Ed