ok...so how do I get the video from my camcorder to my computer?

rudeguy

Lifer
Dec 27, 2001
Originally posted by: her209
Video Capturing program?

like what?

or should I just wait for my new capture card to come??? It comes with power vcr2

Koing

Elite Member <br> Super Moderator<br> Health and F
Oct 11, 2000
You need a physical way to get the information across.

First if you have a DV (Digital Video) camcorder then use Firewire. Buy a card if your pc doesn't have one. Fast and simple but takes alot of data if the transfer is raw and not compress.

If you have any other type of camera that doesn't have Firewire you can use the *composite* video out of the camcorder to the *video in* of your graphics card. If yoru gfx doesn't have one then you can buy a video in type of th ing. Its on most tv cards or you can get something along the lines of a dazzle product for transfering it.

The video cable is a *yellow* tipped cable.

Need more info.

Marshallj

Platinum Member
Mar 26, 2003
Originally posted by: rudeguy
I can get the stills to go, but not the video

If you have a camcorder that has Firewire output, just get a firewire card for your PC and plug it in. I use Adobe Premier to import and edit my movies. I just did some this weekend after a car meet.

conjur

No Lifer
Jun 7, 2001
I can see this getting moved to the Video or Software forum.

But, did your camcorder come with software? If not, a Firewire card will. Check out the Pyro card.

rudeguy

Lifer
Dec 27, 2001
it connects through usb right now...and the only software it came with was the driver...and mods...please be kind and dont banish this thread to rot in the video forum

conjur

No Lifer
Jun 7, 2001
You don't want to capture video thru USB...or...is that USB 2.0? Get a Firewire card...they're pretty cheap and usually come with entry-level capturing software from like ULead.

rudeguy

Lifer
Dec 27, 2001
If I did anything I would upgrade to usb 2.0...I dont really have a need for firewire besides the camcorder...grrr...off to newegg I go