Ok, new dream home theater speakers

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

MikeMike

Lifer
Feb 6, 2000
Originally posted by: YOyoYOhowsDAjello
Originally posted by: nourdmrolNMT1
nah i dont care how loud it goes but i like it being able to be loud... :D

Extra headroom is always nice :)

I just meant so you would have a number to go off of to check to see if it's a dangerous level.

what??? i cant hear you.

im around noisy machines all day (Caterpillar D6C, topsoil plant, John Deere 410, Skidsteer)

What??? I was using some gas powered hedgers at the zoo today.

:p

that has nothing on the D6C. if you dont wear earphones when on it you will sleep all night hearing the machine. when its running, you cant hold a conversation next to it (moving etc) the two people trying to talk next to it cant hear each other within 2 ft.

YOyoYOhowsDAjello

Moderator<br>A/V & Home Theater<br>Elite member
Aug 6, 2001

I just meant so you would have a number to go off of to check to see if it's a dangerous level.

what??? i cant hear you.

im around noisy machines all day (Caterpillar D6C, topsoil plant, John Deere 410, Skidsteer)

that has nothing on the D6C. if you dont wear earphones when on it you will sleep all night hearing the machine. when its running, you cant hold a conversation next to it (moving etc) the two people trying to talk next to it cant hear each other within 2 ft.

Sounds rough. :(

I forgot to pick up a set of earplugs today at work in the morning (didn't know I'd be hedging after break)

You better get some nice speakers to enjoy before your hearing is shot :Q

MikeMike

Lifer
Feb 6, 2000

what??? i cant hear you.

I forgot to pick up a set of earplugs today at work in the morning (didn't know I'd be hedging after break)

its a summer job, but i think i already have lost some hearing just from being me. i know i can withstand much much louder music than most of my friends etc.

YOyoYOhowsDAjello

Moderator<br>A/V & Home Theater<br>Elite member
Aug 6, 2001

what??? i cant hear you.

its a summer job, but i think i already have lost some hearing just from being me. i know i can withstand much much louder music than most of my friends etc.

Mine's a summer job too.

I hope you only have temporary hearing loss if you have some :(