Ok, just ONE more question about this stupid ATI TV Tuner of mine :)

MGMorden

Diamond Member
Jul 4, 2000
I've got an ATi TV Wonder PCI and just got it capturing in Windows 2k using Virtual dub (using ATi's beta drivers on their site). I've got a bit of a problem though. If I set the capture resolution to ANYTHING besides 320x240 it says unsupported resolution and doesn't change. Personally I was wanting to capture at 640x480 which I've heard of a lot of people being able to do w/ BT878 based cards (I even remember seeing an option for this in ATi's software when I was running win9x but back then I was on a 550mhz cpu and it dropped too many frames). My question is, is there any way (ie, has someone done it) to get an ATI capture card to capture at 640x480 in Windows 2000?

Any help would be greatly appreciated (and I promise this will . . . or at least should, be my last TV Tuner question for a long time).

dowxp

Diamond Member
Dec 25, 2000
I couldnt even get mine to work in win2k! the dang thing didnt like nvidia.. argh. I want to slap ATi. their quality is good..

to capture at 640x480 is incredibly hard. on my winTV card, i cant even do that. well, im capturing in divx.. what codec do you use? even on my dual smp system, it still lags the heck out. frames dropping everywhere...

MGMorden

Diamond Member
Jul 4, 2000
I'm currently capturing to Divx. Would rather capture to mpeg if possible but it looks like it isn't so I'll just use Divx for now (or capture to Avi then go to mpeg). On my Tbird 1.2 capturing at 320x240 only utilizes 35% of the cpu . . . does going to 640x480 really take that much more? I really wish ATi would update these drivers. They've been out since Halloween of last year . . .