Ok.. just got Half-Life. Now what? EDIT: Lol.. a new problem.

Imported

Lifer
Sep 2, 2000
Just bought it at Best Buy cause CompUSA was out of them and Best Buy price matched it, plus there's an additional $10 off rebate I have to send in. :D

Anyways, now what else do I need to play Counter-Strike on Neo's server, etc?

EDIT: Okay, I've downloaded Counter-Strike twice, and I keep getting an error. An I/O error. What the hell am I suppose to do about this?

Second Edit: Finally got it fixed. :D

BiggieN

Banned
Apr 3, 2000
you also need to update half life to the newest version. there is a button for update hl in the main menu screen. if u got the HL: GOTY then you need to et the newest patch which includes all the previous patches. i think it was a 51mb file.

CS1.0 is 80mb.

Imported

Lifer
Sep 2, 2000
Thanks. I guess I'll be going off into download land.

I got cable.. so I don't have to worry much about downloading them.. :)

Imported

Lifer
Sep 2, 2000
I keep getting a I/O error when I try to install Counter-Strike. I've already patched Half-Life. What am I suppose to do about this I/O error?!

Imported

Lifer
Sep 2, 2000
It says when I install CS:

An I/O error occurred while installing a file. This is normally caused by a bad installation media of corrupt installation file.

Abort (A button) Retry (Another button)

Pressing the Retry button does nothing, so I have to abort. It happens with about 10 seconds left to go in installing it, and stops at the "de_vegas.bsp" file. Hope this provides a bit more information.

Imported

Lifer
Sep 2, 2000
Wow, I finally got it to install right. I downloaded for the third time, but at a different place, this time going with 3ddownloads.com. Before, I was using Fileplanet and kept getting those I/O errors. Thank for the help from before.

Now.. what's next? :D

Imported

Lifer
Sep 2, 2000
Bah.. one problem after another. I just went to start my own server to see how to play, and it said I needed to update. I go ahead and let it do so, but it says there are no updates. I already updated to the latest version. Now I'm stuck.. :(