OK, i'm kinda freaking out

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

zanejohnson

Diamond Member
Nov 29, 2002
stay up a few days on methamphetamine and take it....come back to us and tell us about it

Manuwell

Jan 19, 2006
Originally posted by: mjuszczak
Originally posted by: secretanchitman
its high, but some of my friends have had that as their normal for a while. check back in 24 hours to see if it dropped, cause you're too eager/excited to know, thus raising your BPM and such.

Slept for 7 hours, just took it 115/65

I'm glad that you made it this time.

I still don't get why you're on caffeine. It's like a guy who has liver problems and who gets drunk everyday :confused:

Why don't you start smoking and get ecstasy while you're at it ? It will definitely shorten your worries. :thumbsdown:

Blayze

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2000
Originally posted by: secretanchitman
its high, but some of my friends have had that as their normal for a while. check back in 24 hours to see if it dropped, cause you're too eager/excited to know, thus raising your BPM and such.

Slept for 7 hours, just took it 115/65

Thats a great number.

Dean

Platinum Member
Oct 10, 1999
Cut down on sodium intake. Doing some light walking and workout would be a good start. Nothing strenuous at first. Monitor your blood pressure regularly.

Before you know it, your blood pressure will level out, and you'll be running while carrying 10LBS of Bulk Beef.

Fox5

Diamond Member
Jan 31, 2005
I went to the doctor's one time and had really high blood pressure. Cut out all fast food and caffeine for a week and it dropped to 127/80, it was like 30 points higher than that before.
Strangely, despite my high blood pressure, I have no problem keeping up a good running pace for miles and miles. Even stranger though, I've been continuing my diet and even without running much, it's getting drastically easier to run well.

ebaycj

Diamond Member
Mar 9, 2002
Originally posted by: astroidea
Don't worry about the systolic being high. It can easily fluctuate within a short period of time based on natural body chemistry. The diastolic is what you should worry about.

I think you mostly just need to calm down. Take some deep breaths, listen to some relaxing music.

Is a diastolic of 100 hospital high? Its been about 102 now for a few minutes.

how about you ask the doctor that diagnosed your hypertension what is (and is not) hospital high?

Pepsi90919

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: Born2bwire
The hell? Who under the age of 50 owns their own blood pressure cuff?

those who care. i'd like to have one of those electronic gimmicks you find in Shoppers Drug Mart

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
My BP climbed a bit every year as I got older, but always stayed under the old DMV reg of 150/90. After I had my knee surgery in 2004, it started climbing again, (mind you, I had quit smoking, I was no longer commuting, no longer working a high stress job) and finally, when it had gotten to 200/100 on a regular (everyday) basis, I gave up and went to my doctor for some pills. I spent about 6 months trying to control it by cutting out almost all caffiene, reduced my sodium intake by over 50%, and the BP still kept going up. It took the doctor a few months of trial & error to find a medication that would control the BP with few/no side effects and was affordable since I'm out of insurance, but finally...my BP now runs about 128/80, and the doc is happy as hell with it...