OK, i'm kinda freaking out

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

TraumaRN

Diamond Member
Jun 5, 2005
Your blood pressure aint that high. My ER we'd just kinda question why you'd even come. Get some rest, sleep preferably and STOP taking your freaking blood pressure. Taking it every 10 minutes plus your anxiety are keeping it high.

If your BP was 220/110 I'd say you have a case for a trip to the ER, but it's not therefore don't waste your money and/or waste some nurses and doctors time.

And for the love of God if you have known hypertension stop freaking drinking so much caffeine!!!!

/end ER nurse minor rant.

TehMac

Diamond Member
Aug 18, 2006
Originally posted by: mjuszczak
So I normally have OK blood pressure (110/60 lately), but I stayed up all night tonight for work, drank lots of caffeine, haven't slept yet...

You seriously need to ask other people about your condition after this?

JEDI

Lifer
Sep 25, 2001
Originally posted by: headRush
if you can sit here posting about it on atot, you dont need to go to the hospital...

qtf

are u on the floor unable to get up?
are u dizzy?
is the room spinning?
are u light headed?

no? goto bed.

hypertension? enjoy your short life while u still can.

my uncle had hypertension. he was under doctor's care. he died in his early 30's.

then again, he got hit by a car.

Blayze

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2000
Its not that high. Quit taking it and relax. My blood pressure was higher than that for a long time before I was put on blood pressure medicine.

imported_Baloo

Golden Member
Feb 2, 2006
You are joking, right? That would not be considered high blood pressure. Now make it 164 over 150, than you need to get in shape. The less the difference, the more it's an issue.

edit: oh, and stop salting your food. That's the quickest way to bring it down and keep it down. And one reading means nothing, it's the trend that matters.

olds

Elite Member
Mar 3, 2000
I seriously, honestly, with all due respect, don't know how the OP wipes his ass without help from ATOT.

moshquerade

No Lifer
Nov 1, 2001
Originally posted by: oldsmoboat
I seriously, honestly, with all due respect, don't know how the OP wipes his ass without help from ATOT.

well, just in case he is wondering, I would suggest front to back.

ScrewFace

Banned
Sep 21, 2002
My blood pressure is 170/107 and my heart-rate is 100 bpm. I have chest pains that go down into my left arm all the time.

Am I candidate for death?:)

secretanchitman

Diamond Member
Apr 11, 2001
its high, but some of my friends have had that as their normal for a while. check back in 24 hours to see if it dropped, cause you're too eager/excited to know, thus raising your BPM and such.

911paramedic

Diamond Member
Jan 7, 2002
Originally posted by: Joemonkey
My blood pressure is routinely something like 153/108 and it's been that way for a couple years, although my wife and doctors say its high they've never gone so far as to prescribe meds or anything.

Get a new doctor.

OP - If your blood pressure is normally much lower, this shouldn't be any problem at all. It's a problem when it gets really high, or remains high for a long time. (like Joemonkey above.)

If you have sustained high bp it puts a lot of strain on your vessels, heart, organs, etc. That can lead to problems down the road. (Unless you have an undiagnosed abdominal aortic aneurysm that is about to blow. You don't have a strange pulsating abdominal mass, do you?)

eits

Lifer
Jun 4, 2005
www.integratedssr.com
definitely not critically high... it's just hypertensive. it's probably because of what you did the night before.

drink some water, go to sleep, and you should be fine.

olds

Elite Member
Mar 3, 2000
Originally posted by: 911paramedic
Originally posted by: Joemonkey
My blood pressure is routinely something like 153/108 and it's been that way for a couple years, although my wife and doctors say its high they've never gone so far as to prescribe meds or anything.

Get a new doctor.

OP - If your blood pressure is normally much lower, this shouldn't be any problem at all. It's a problem when it gets really high, or remains high for a long time. (like Joemonkey above.)

If you have sustained high bp it puts a lot of strain on your vessels, heart, organs, etc. That can lead to problems down the road. (Unless you have an undiagnosed abdominal aortic aneurysm that is about to blow. You don't have a strange pulsating cranial mass, do you?)

Why, yes he does!

CFster

Golden Member
Oct 16, 1999
You guys are crazy that say that's not high. If he has that pressure for an extended period of time that's no good. Not ER worthy, but he should see his doc at his earliest convenience.

It should be less than 120/80 for an adult. 120-139/80-89 is considered prehypertension and any doc would tell you to watch what you eat, and possibly put you on meds. Over 140/90 he should definitely put you on meds and any doc that doesn't got his diploma in the mail.

manlymatt83

Lifer
Oct 14, 2005
Originally posted by: secretanchitman
its high, but some of my friends have had that as their normal for a while. check back in 24 hours to see if it dropped, cause you're too eager/excited to know, thus raising your BPM and such.

Slept for 7 hours, just took it 115/65