Ok, I asked you guys if you were for or against the Abortion. Consider this....what about a Raped Woman and ....

fallenoncrack

Banned
Dec 19, 2000
What if the woman was raped by Charles Manson or Ted Bundy?

Would you (considering you were that woman) have the abortion or have the child?

Scrapster

Diamond Member
Nov 27, 2000
If I were smart I'd run to the nearest doctor and take the morning-after pill.

Scrapster

luv2chill

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2000
yeah you should have posted this in the other thread...

IMHO these situations are too hypothetical... neither is likely to happen. Isn't Ted Bundy dead? Thought they executed him last year. In any case, he was gay. Manson isn't EVER getting out of prison (alive anyway), so...

This is one of those issues that will always cause a dilemma though. But it comes down to the woman's right to choose what she does with her own body, even if that includes mutilating it to abort a fetus.

A much better (and easier) solution would have been for her to obtain the morning after pill the next day and be done with it. Would cause a lot less uproar that way.

l2c

Dameon

Banned
Oct 11, 1999
That would be one hell of a trick, and I think we'd have a bigger problem.... the living DEAD!

"Ted Bundy was executed January 24, 1989. The hundreds of people holding a vigil outside the prison held up signs such as "Burn Bundy Burn", and celebrated once news of his death was announced. "

Personally I'm sure his wiener was roasted pretty good in the eletrocution process.

and as for charlie.. he's in a prison... so unless she paid him a "conjugal visit"... or he somehow got out... and I'd say that's alot more serious issue.

Scrapster

Diamond Member
Nov 27, 2000
Adding to my post above:

It's unfortunate we still have such an uproar about this. When we have so many options (covering just about any situation) like birth control, emergency contraception, etc. abortion is still the big topic. It doesn't make sense. But until everyone fully recognizes these alternative options, the abortion uproar will continue.

IMO, the biggest uproar comes from born-agains and homely women who have big mouths and love to complain.

Scrapster

Mday

Lifer
Oct 14, 1999
wtf do you think i am pro choice.

//edit think of the religious women who don't have abortions. it does happen d00d. most give them up for adoption. rape sucks. i wish rape was a capital crime.

--

sometimes women are too traumatized... so some don't report it at all, and don't do anything.

the day after pill (strong dose of the pill) is a great thing =)

MrPALCO

Banned
Nov 14, 1999

<< What if the woman was raped by Charles Manson or Ted Bundy? >>

She or her Champion, would be justified in taking the life of these men, if necessary, to prevent the act. Once out of harms way, murder of any party involved, for retribution or convenience, is not Just.

The State would then deal out penalty under Law, which may include Death.

:)