OK, I am stupid: Can't find how to import track list from Nero Express into Cover Editor

BernardP

Golden Member
Jan 10, 2006
As the title says. I have fiddled with this for hours and read the Help File. I am no good...

I want to burn an audio CD. My .wav tracks are correctly named and ready to burn in Nero Express 6. All I want to do is import these track names into Nero Cover Editor to print a CD cover. No image, no fancy graphics, no nothing. Just the track numbers and names all fitted to the size of the CD cover.

The Help file says that this direct import can be done, but the example provided has the user typing track names one by one in Cover Editor. That's not what I want to do.

There has to be a way to do such a simple thing, but I can't find it.:confused:

Step-by-step instructions would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Barfo

Lifer
Jan 4, 2005
Back when I used to print cd covers I used to just click the Cover Editor button in the Nero toolbar and it would automatically import the tracklist.

13Gigatons

Diamond Member
Apr 19, 2005
Maybe just look them up in http://freedb2.org and then copy and paste them in.

Nero Cover Designer should have better support for CD info importation but it does not. You need to start from the beginning of the cd burning process and then before you burn the cd click the nero cover designer icon.

BernardP

Golden Member
Jan 10, 2006
Thanks barfo. It used to work like this for me too in Nero 5.5. But I now got Nero Express 6 with my DVD burner and clicking the Cover Editor button only opens the Cover Editor window. There is no automatic import of the tracks.

I fought again with it this morning and am still stumped.

BernardP

Golden Member
Jan 10, 2006
Originally posted by: 13Gigatons
Maybe just look them up in http://freedb2.org and then copy and paste them in.

Nero Cover Designer should have better support for CD info importation but it does not. You need to start from the beginning of the cd burning process and then before you burn the cd click the nero cover designer icon.

Thanks. Freedb is good for complete albums but I am making my own compilations. As for your second remark, that is what I first tried but I am getting only a blank document in Cover Editor.

Barfo

Lifer
Jan 4, 2005
Originally posted by: BernardP
Thanks barfo. It used to work like this for me too in Nero 5.5. But I now got Nero Express 6 with my DVD burner and clicking the Cover Editor button only opens the Cover Editor window. There is no automatic import of the tracks.

I fought again with it this morning and am still stumped.

I tried again today and it works with nero, but I couldn't get it to import the track list from nero express, guess you have to upgrade to ultra edition if you want to have this functionality.

13Gigatons

Diamond Member
Apr 19, 2005
What a pain in the butt way to get track info, you think that Nero would have an easier way.