OK!.........All you OLD DC FARTS! Time to come out of hidding.

Page 8 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Assimilator1

Elite Member
Nov 4, 1999
Ah more old names cropping up!
Hi Madpierre, LeBlatt & TitansFury :)
(you didn't post much TF ;))

JB
I seem to remember you did plenty of killing with us! ;)

EvilWobbles

Golden Member
Nov 13, 2001
This is a great old thread. I was never the most active DC member here on AT but I remember quite a few of these names. I don't have any rigs running these days. My focus was primarily on S@H and SB. I do remember the races and the sandbaggers. Good times!

Wiz

Diamond Member
Feb 5, 2000
Saw this again and figured it was time to update my sig line.
Apparently hadn't done that since 2013!
"Hello everybody" </Dr. Nick Riviera>

LANMAN

Platinum Member
Oct 10, 1999
Still waiting for my hot tub and beer... Pretty sure I hit 1 million SETI units a long time ago. :)

--LANMAN

networkman

Lifer
Apr 23, 2000
Sorry LANMAN - I think the hot tub and beer are all handled in a virtual world now.

Admittedly, it's not near as satisfying to be slapped with a virtual trout as before either. :/

LANMAN

Platinum Member
Oct 10, 1999
That's ok, its just nice to see familiar names still around. :) (and crunching of course..)

--LANMAN

Reactions: ericlp

Wolfie

Platinum Member
Oct 9, 1999
Yaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwn............
I heard old farts. What do you want? :)

BofRA

Platinum Member
Apr 26, 2002
Lots of familiar names and memories in here.

Once original SETI shutdown, I couldnt seem to keep the urge to keep crunching. I still have 6 motherboards mounted on shelves in the shed collecting dust and critter droppings....I wonder if there is still a use for some Socket A boards?

Reactions: Markfw

Assimilator1

Elite Member
Nov 4, 1999
Hi, lots of projects to chose from now! I'm sure they'll be at least 1 that floats your boat :).

As for socket A, well they would probably run SETI & DPAD(muon1), but really you'd be better off getting rid of those 6 mbrds & just use 1 relatively modern rig to crunch with.
If you meant 'use' in crunching that is.

Orange Kid

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Hey Jator, good to see ya and welcome back. Came back when the interest in TOR faded. I still do a little RC5 occasionally using the MOO wrapper in Boinc, but am not on the AnandTech team in RC5 at Disttributed.net, cus, well, you know.
You drug up an old one here. :) Fun to read through.

Jay

Golden Member
Oct 9, 1999
For the old farts, we should setup a Facebook Group as my jator.net forums are long since gone (some good jokes in there too. :( ).

Sunny129

Diamond Member
Nov 14, 2000
Hey Sunny! Good to see ya :), you could join us for a short folding race starting this weekend? ;)
I wish I could, but I'm just not set up for it anymore hardware (and software)-wise. One of these days I'll get back in the game though...I always had fun helping advance science and chatting with everyone here.

Assimilator1

Elite Member
Nov 4, 1999
I wish I could, but I'm just not set up for it anymore hardware (and software)-wise. One of these days I'll get back in the game though...I always had fun helping advance science and chatting with everyone here.
We'll look forwards to you coming back some day then :).
In the meantime, theirs nothing stopping you chatting every now and then ;).

tasburrfoot

Apr 30, 2003
Wow it has been a long time...

This is Fullmetal Chocobo. I don't know the email for that account anymore. :-(

Last edited: