OK!.........All you OLD DC FARTS! Time to come out of hidding.

Soggysocks

Golden Member
Jun 20, 2001
I credit this post to "Quietdad". I browse this forum almost daily, and don't see the chatter that I and many of us old timers are used too. WHAT HAPPENED?

Stats were a must daily....or even twice daily. Injections of personal achievements were common place. Crunching problems were posted and resolved quickly.

Yah.....It's not the old days.....But MOST OF US OLD TIMERS ARE LURKING IN THE SHADOWS!

Come out ....come out ...where ever you are ;)

Time to stand up and be ....again counted.

petrusbroder

Elite Member
Nov 28, 2004
Hi Soggy,
Good to see you around ... Some of us semi-old timers are still around.
But time is a problem ... stats ... were easyly done when there were less than a handfull of projects, and no stats-sites.
Problems are quite quickly solved, althought they are some times quite complex.
I really miss the chatter, but I assume (ass u, ass me) that stuff has gotten too serious and to lame? hurried? too much like RL? too little time? :p

Soggysocks

Golden Member
Jun 20, 2001
Hi Soggy,
Good to see you around ... Some of us semi-old timers are still around.
But time is a problem ... stats ... were easyly done when there were less than a handfull of projects, and no stats-sites.
Problems are quite quickly solved, althought they are some times quite complex.
I really miss the chatter, but I assume (ass u, ass me) that stuff has gotten too serious and to lame? hurried? too much like RL? too little time? :p

I guess your right about the time thing.
I often want to post stuff and find I haven't the time to put together a thought or post a reply.

But many of us just hide and say nothing even if just to let everyone know they're still alive.

petrusbroder

Elite Member
Nov 28, 2004
Lurking is fine, and I enjoy it in the other forums ... :)

I really miss RaySun2Be, and the fish and the cane ... and Wolfraider ... and AMD.Borg ... and quite a few others ...

Fardringle

Diamond Member
Oct 23, 2000
Does it count if I quietly squeeze out an old fart, or do I have to really let it rip and shake the windows?

GLeeM

Elite Member
Apr 2, 2004
We used to have some daily or weekly stats ... I think they took a break for the summer ... a year or two ago :)

biodoc

Diamond Member
Dec 29, 2005
Not sure if I qualify as an old timer but I remember GLeeM doing daily F@H stats and BMC doing the Rosetta stats. I miss Insidious, TAS and the :beer: smiley. :)

Kiska

Golden Member
Apr 4, 2012
Yes define OLD?! And I used to do stats for challenges, which I still might do if I could identify member usernames/nicks.

Soggysocks

Golden Member
Jun 20, 2001
Yes define OLD?! And I used to do stats for challenges, which I still might do if I could identify member usernames/nicks.

Old My Friend, Is when you wake up in the morning and can't remember what DC project your working on :)

EagleKeeper

Discussion Club Moderator<br>Elite Member
Staff member
Oct 30, 2000
It was Russ that forced me out of the lurker closet when I hit my first milestone for the team Anand back in Oct 2000 on RC64. Had to officially sign up so credits could be transferred to my handle.

Spacehead

Lifer
Jun 2, 2002
Hi everybody
action-smiley-066.gif

I'm pretty much a lurker now days too. I check the forums a couple times a week but hardly ever login to post.

Anyone heard from Smoke in awhile?

We used to have some daily or weekly stats ... I think they took a break for the summer ... a year or two ago :)
I took a break last summer. I'm not currently running any projects so it's kinda hard to get back into doing stats.
Maybe i'll do a practice run soon & see how it goes.

Ken g6

Programming Moderator, Elite Member
Dec 11, 1999
OK! We finally got the guy named in the title to respond! ;)

Orange Kid

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
OK! We finally got the guy named in the title to respond! ;)
LOL

Yes I lurk here often. Never have been one to post lots. Do some crunching here and there for the TeAm.
There is a lot of idle Phone power out there that someone should tap into. Are there any DC android or I-apple apps?

ICXRa

Diamond Member
Jan 8, 2001
Hi everybody
action-smiley-066.gif

I'm pretty much a lurker now days too. I check the forums a couple times a week but hardly ever login to post.

Anyone heard from Smoke in awhile?

First time I've checked in here in quite some time. I was wondering about Smoke too, I recall his daily posts back in the days we raced DSLR frequently. There was a lot of chatter back in forth those days. I noticed several years ago that things were slowing down here, enough to were my visits here have become pretty infrequent. I still see Engineer in the Hot Deals forums and other TeAm members from time to time too, but nothing like it was. Good to see some familiar names!