OK all the "Matrix" visual effects in movies are getting old

kantonburg

Platinum Member
Oct 10, 1999
Now they have it in Charlie's Angels!!!

*Sigh*

In the Matrix it was cool, it was original, now it's old.

Relf Lauren

Golden Member
Oct 10, 1999
Hmmm, you made me wanna go watch Matrix again....

Hmmm, this will be my 10th time watching it- what an amazing movie! :)

Relf Lauren

toph99

Diamond Member
Aug 25, 2000
i agree. it's good the first time round, but after that(i am assuming the Blair Witch is gonna be the same way) it gets old fast :frown:

hzl eyed grl

Super Moderator<br>Elite Member
Dec 28, 1999
I agree. It really sucks. It's in commercials too. That and where they pause something and take another camera and move all around it. That's in everything too. I guess since it's new or popular...everyone wants to try it.

kami

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
I'm still laughing at how excited my friends and I were when we first saw this thing in the theatres...I ended up seeing it five times total in the theatre. Nuts! Then, of course, I bought it the very day it came out on DVD.

kantonburg

Platinum Member
Oct 10, 1999
Ok I've only seen a movie twice (1 time). Much less 5. No movie is worth that much. The only reason I saw that one twice was same movie, two different girls ;)

andylawcc

Lifer
Mar 9, 2000
ohhh, Terminator2 had the best Graphic for its time and I think it still look impressive compare to current day's standard! (heck, at least I can't render it with a NV15) (that was a joke btw)

DirkBelig

Banned
Oct 15, 1999
Hate to tell ya kids, but &quot;The Matrix&quot; ripped off the wire fighting stunts from countless Hong Kong chopsocky flicks. &quot;Bullet time&quot; was just like the Gap ads on steroids. Nothing &quot;original&quot; at all, but it still got the Oscar for Best Visual Effects. BULL!!!:|

&quot;Phantom Menace&quot;, for all it's flaws, blew the roof off the dump with it's FX (The Pod Race alone should've gotten it) and only lost due to the stupid playa hatas in the Academy.

DirkBelig

Banned
Oct 15, 1999
The fact that Jar Jar was so annoying was due to the great FX!:D

Actually, I don't think the stupid voters realized how many FX there were. Many sets only had a few pieces in front of a blue/green screen. If you have the letterboxed tape, the &quot;Making of&quot; featurette at the beginning has some mind-blowing stuff that totally went unappreciated.

Of course, the Oscars also chose &quot;Ghandi&quot; over &quot;Blade Runner&quot; for Production Design.:|

kami

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999

<< Ok I've only seen a movie twice (1 time). Much less 5. No movie is worth that much. >>

I saw it strictly for the special effects and the action scenes...what's wrong with having fun with your friends?

Mday

Lifer
Oct 14, 1999
did this effect first &quot;appear&quot; in commercials...

i could've sworn i saw it on some commercials before alksjdlfkjas even finished filming

beat mania

Platinum Member
Jan 23, 2000
Oh yeah. It's in the game Final Fantasy IX too, for those of you who care about Playstation games.

noxipoo

Golden Member
Aug 12, 2000
Actually DirkBelig The hong Kong movie effects is because they brought in a team from HK to give it an &quot;anime&quot; feel. The Gap commercials actually ripped off the matrix special effects. Keep in mind they started the project in '97. the sfx guy invented bullet time.