Ohio proposes abortion bill to force procedure that doesn't exist in medical science.

Jan 25, 2011
Small government Republicans at work! Seriously how the fuck do people still keep voting for these lunatics?

Looks like the bill was first introduced back in may but apparently being informed that it can't be done doesn't deter the GOP.

A bill to ban abortion introduced in the Ohio state legislature requires doctors to “reimplant an ectopic pregnancy” into a woman’s uterus – a procedure that does not exist in medical science – or face charges of “abortion murder”.

This is the second time practising obstetricians and gynecologists have tried to tell the Ohio legislators that the idea is currently medically impossible.

Bitek

Lifer
Aug 2, 2001
The hell is going on in Ohio?

I know they've been trending red, but they are looking more and more looney.

North Mississippi? Looking like it

Paratus

Lifer
Jun 4, 2004
Looks like they need to pass a law requiring Ohio state politicians to undergo the medical procedure known as a “Rectal-Cranial Inversion”.
7G3zITG.png

Viper1j

Diamond Member
Jul 31, 2018
Small government Republicans at work! Seriously how the fuck do people still keep voting for these lunatics?

Looks like the bill was first introduced back in may but apparently being informed that it can't be done doesn't deter the GOP.

EVERY Ob/Gyn should just pack up and leave the state until these retards are voted out of office.

When Farmer John's wife has to have the spawn on the kitchen table and the cord is cut with a greasy butcher knife, then people will get a clue.

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
EVERY Ob/Gyn should just pack up and leave the state until these retards are voted out of office.

When Farmer John's wife has to have the spawn on the kitchen table and the cord is cut with a greasy butcher knife, then people will get a clue.

Probably not, that is just God's will at work.

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
Nope, not happening even with these critters. Doesn't justify the bill though.

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
A not-so-friendly reminder that the primary goal of anti-abortion campaigners is to hurt women. Including imprisoning their doctors for not doing procedures that are physically impossible (at least with current medical science).

This bill is more extreme than the usual. It punishes not just the doctor, but the woman as well, with life imprisonment, and even the death penalty in some cases.

It also appears to punish doctors, women and children as young as 13 with “abortion murder” if they “perform or have an abortion”. This crime is punishable by life in prison. Another new crime, “aggravated abortion murder”, is punishable by death, according to the bill.

It appears to have been written by the same kinds of people who cheered on Eric Rudolph. Evidently these people actually hold elected office in Ohio.

balloonshark

Diamond Member
Jun 5, 2008
Forcing your religious beliefs on everyone in America just doesn't fly with me. It's a line in the sand that shouldn't be crossed. Medical decisions are best left up to the individual and their doctor.

Bitek

Lifer
Aug 2, 2001
There are different Ohios. Southwest Ohio, outside of Cincinnati, is basically one-tooth Kentucky.

Well those losers can take comfort in picking first in the 2020 NFL draft then. Otherwise :rolleyes:

Last edited:

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
Reactions: Jaskalas

Paratus

Lifer
Jun 4, 2004
White safe places a dead zone it seems.

The study authors say that the economic downturns that began in those states during the 1970s and the 1980s fueled chronic stress among their citizens, and are now manifested in growing midlife death rates.

"If you’re trying to make ends meet, you’re less likely to go to the doctor. You may not do a good job taking care of your diabetes or heart disease," Woolf said. "Also, you may be more likely to adopt unhealthy coping behaviors. You may turn to drugs as access to opioids becomes more prevalent as it did in the 1990s."
Well adding more women who’ll die in childbirth without access to modern abortion and obstetrics will obviously help these numbers. But it’s really nothing that more access to guns, larger tax cuts for the rich, and getting democrats to stop being mean to small town America wouldn’t fix. /s

Reactions: DarthKyrie

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008
These people are out of their minds.

Though does the bill explicitly say this, i.e. refer directly to ectopic preganancies, or is it an implication of the wording of the proposed law (that they possibly haven't thought through)? Not that the latter excuses it, but just wondering exactly how deranged they are.

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
White safe places a dead zone it seems.
Major causes of death in this age group are from drug overdoses, particularly opioids, alcohol and suicides. Together, these are often referred to as "deaths of despair."

Where are the faithful to tell us sweet lies, how the Trump voters are all rich and wealthy. How those voters share not a care in the world aside from their black rotten hearts. Driven by nothing other than hatred for others. Posters of P&N made quite an effort to push that narrative. That "well off" people are to blame for 2016. But even if the statistic is true, it is a half truth.

The spiteful Democrat context belies the real shift in voters, those who live in the rust belt and are living lives of pain and misery. Democrats failed to connect to and speak for these voters. We must do better to offer them hope for a better future, to give them reason(s) to vote for us. And it is a message that needs be delivered in an effective manner. We cannot save this nation if we leave them behind.

Commodus

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2004
Interesting that the anti abortion folks hereabouts appear to have nothing to say about this.

Hard to say for sure, but I imagine it's hard even for them to defend this. It also calls their bluff on their claims that anti-abortion campaigners aren't anti-women -- as was clarified earlier, this explicitly punishes the woman for declining to do something that's impossible.

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
Interesting that the anti abortion folks hereabouts appear to have nothing to say about this.

I am an opponent of abortion, insofar as I don't like the idea of killing children. I want the use of it minimized, and I'd rather not see it done or brought to that point unless truly needed. Having said that, I favor the health of the mother. I would not deny them their rights save for the life of the child. Two lives are at stake on this subject, and I would see that recognized as we seek a compromise between absolute allowance and denial of abortion.

I understand people will do all they can to circumvent the law, if they feel a need to. Yet I view killing a viable child as absolutely abhorrent. Nay, outright evil. And so I wager a compromise needs to be found based on the duration of the pregnancy. Allow unquestioned abortions until sometime between 3-6 months, and that is my say on this matter.

Oh, and what Republicans have done here is absolutely retarded. But that is par the course. You seek no compromise, and so neither will they.

Nov 25, 2013
I am an opponent of abortion, insofar as I don't like the idea of killing children. I want the use of it minimized, and I'd rather not see it done or brought to that point unless truly needed. Having said that, I favor the health of the mother. I would not deny them their rights save for the life of the child. Two lives are at stake on this subject, and I would see that recognized as we seek a compromise between absolute allowance and denial of abortion.

I understand people will do all they can to circumvent the law, if they feel a need to. Yet I view killing a viable child as absolutely abhorrent. Nay, outright evil. And so I wager a compromise needs to be found based on the duration of the pregnancy. Allow unquestioned abortions until sometime between 3-6 months, and that is my say on this matter.

Oh, and what Republicans have done here is absolutely retarded. But that is par the course. You seek no compromise, and so neither will they.

You don't actually seem to know much about the subject.

You do know, I hope, that only just over 1% of abortions in the US occur after 21 weeks? And that later term abortions don't occur due to personal whim?

Last edited:

Zorba

Lifer
Oct 22, 1999

Basically no one gets an abortion after viability unless it is medically necessary.

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
ok ok ok ok ok ...OKey !!!
Then let the pro-lifers have their way as they so desperately want, and allow the US Supreme Court to fully ban abortion by either simply banning it outright or by legally picking it to death.
OK.... GIVE THEM WHAT THEY WANT.
You know why?
Because they will be the very first to regret what they have done when all is said and done and when the reality of making all abortion illegal hits home in their neighborhood.

When their loving 14 year old daughter is knocked up by the paperboy next door, they will want their save and legal abortion.
And that 15 year old paperboy next door who's father is a doctor and has high hopes for his son to follow in old dads footsteps, and who's son has just knocked up 14 year old Betty next door, that family too will want access to save and legal abortion.

EVERYONE is against abortion until it hits home and their kid the one knocked up.
How is that 14 year old Betty to raise a baby?
How will that 15 year old paperboy ever become a doctor with a baby in the picture?
Not only is it the money involved, but more so the stigma. What happens when old doc decides to run for political office and some reporter digs up that old doc once knocked up some 14 year old girl a long tome ago?
And, never took responsibility.

The big problem with abortion is.....
They want to control your access to a safe abortion but they still want a safe abortion legally available for THEMSELVES should the need arise.
Isn't that how it always works, especially with so called moral right winged republicans? To suppress your rights while they are allowed theirs?

And who pays for those babies born into poverty where the mother works and is denied assistance because of income, or the mother stays at home raising that child while republican controlled federal and local governments deny assistance and keep cutting assistance?
You can not have it both ways....
If you want the banning of abortion then SOMEONE must pay for raising those kids.
And all you need say to those pro-lifers is to mention tax hikes, more welfare, and more government assistance, and those moral right winged republicans so set on banning abortion will think twice.
Well... not really.
They still want it both ways.
The banning of abortion AND massive cuts to public assistance i.e. to never raise their taxes.
Yeah.... this world is pretty F...ed up to say the least.

In a morally perfect world we would have no need for abortion AND people would gladly pay the cost in higher taxes to help assist those families.
I ask pro-lifers, where lies your moral responsibility with that?