Ohio Origami Club Endures Latest Round Of Beatings

Sandor

Jan 17, 2001
Pretty sure its not real, but I thought it was funny anyway.

CHILLICOTHE, OH - The Chillicothe Junior High Origami class endures yet another round of beatings

Idely rustling through a multi-colored pile of shredded colored paper like Toto the Barnum and Bailey circus clown, Origami arts student Jeremy Boxerbaum describes the recent holocaust in art room 222

"T-They're so mean...look at this...this beige one used to be a chambered Nautilus, the orange one a T-Rex, and this red and green one a Poinsettia. I designed it based on the equations of the Italian-Japanese Origami math genius Humiaki Huzita, and formulated a list of axioms to define it geometrically. I was making that one for my mom for Christmas!...*sob*!..."

Indeed, a recent spate of violence directed at the Chillicothe Japanese Origami club has resulted in mounds of shredded confetti, along with painfull nougies, dutch rubs and wedgies for the dedicated junior-high paper folders, often perpetrated on the youthfull artists by members of the football team and burned out remedial-class after schoolers.

Nick Robinson of the British Origami Society laments

"It's just terrible. Origami is a fascinating art immersed in Japanese tradition that requires a notable cross section of skills, notably dexterity, patience, and an understanding of complex geometry. Many of our young students go on to become mathematicians, phsysicists and chemists. We need to protect these meek young geniuses from these juvenile thugs who seek to brand them as sissies. It must stop."

In the meantime, Jeremy plots his own deterrent

"I'm taking mine home with me, and from now on I'm wearing a bike helmet, long sleeve shirts and a dummy pair of tear-away underwear. That oughtta get 'em!"

Link to story

Zenmervolt

Elite member
Oct 22, 2000
There's no "probably" about it being made up. Having lived in Ohio and been through Chillicothe many times I can say with absolute certainty that the photograph is much more diverse than Chillicothe's population.

Note: I do not mean this as anything other than a comment on the heterogeny of rural, southern Ohio farmers and I make no value judgement, one way or the other, on the area's lack of diversity.

ZV