Ohio Officials Now Believe More Than $10 Million in Rare Coins Is Missing

Discussion in 'Politics and News' started by conjur, May 27, 2005.

1. conjur

conjur No Lifer

9/30/05
    How Noe stole millions from funds
    http://www.toledoblade.com/apps/pbcs.dl...?AID=/20050929/DEVELOPINGNEWS/50929031

This scandal has been growing over the last month or so and it involves some of the highest Ohio GOP officials. It has gone as far as Gov. Taft's office. I hope these thieves get what's coming to them and get it soon. Destroying the pensions of hard-working people is just downright evil! Damn corrupt politicians!

Ohio Officials Now Believe More Than $10 Million in Rare Coins Is Missing
    http://ap.tbo.com/ap/breaking/MGBU3VYM79E.html
    Noe was raided about a month ago:

Investigators seek evidence of campaign-fund activity
    http://www.toledoblade.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20050429/NEWS24/50429002

2. dmcowen674

dmcowen674 No Lifer

Fixed for you and I have no sympathy for the citizens of Ohio.

"Noe was awarded the state's business in return for campaign contributions to Republicans, who control most of state government."

3. conjur

conjur No Lifer

Notice the freepers up here are avoiding this thread like the plague?

4. Crimson

Crimson Banned

Its tough with the 18 other threads you have on the first page. And, like most of them, this one is not really that interesting. I don't care about pension funds in Ohio.. find out who did it, proescute them, move on.. What do you want people to say? That they support stealing? What was the point of this thread other than to troll?

5. MisterCornell

MisterCornell Banned

Actually, at the real freep, there's a thread on this, and a number of people are quite pleased. Bob Taft and the rest of the Republican leadership in Ohio (with the exception of Ken Blackwell) are seen as being liberal or at least excessively moderate by most conservatives in the state. A number of people will be quite pleased to see Bob Taft and his cronies fall, and hopefully be replaced with a more conservative leadership in the GOP, even if it means some short term punishment for the party at the polls.

6. conjur

conjur No Lifer

Taft's approval rating is something like 19%! Seems to be pretty well hated.

7. Genx87

Genx87 Lifer

Boot him out if he is a theif.

If he a liberal then hang him.
    I am jk dont get your panties in a bunch :)

8. DanJ

DanJ Diamond Member

I hope their report is ultimately printed on the correct paper stock per Ken Blackwell's requirement.

9. conjur

conjur No Lifer

http://toledoblade.com/apps/pbcs.dll/ar...?AID=/20050602/NEWS24/50602001/-1/NEWS
    More at the article.

These people are bucking to replace Bugman as the most corrupt Republicans in politics today.

10. dahunan

dahunan Lifer

Republican goal is destroy the savings of common folks so they can become slaves

11. conjur

conjur No Lifer

Governors' ex-aide linked to campaign probe
    http://www.cleveland.com/budgetscandal/.../base/news/1117791231263120.xml&coll=2
    Now, correct me if I'm wrong but isn't that...umm...ILLEGAL??

12. conjur

conjur No Lifer

13. 0roo0roo

0roo0roo No Lifer

go figure

14. hemiram

hemiram Senior member

It's always fun when we here in this area get into the national news!

I live near one of the Noe's many residences, and used to see him and his wife around once in a while. His wife got a huge settlement from Bowling Green State University for "sexual harrassment" a while back. Apparently that wasn't enough cash to get them the lifestyle they wanted, so the coin thing came along and they started stealing from that. And now, it's all coming down. They wanted to be "important", and they are getting their wish, in a negative way.

It's gonna be fun when the indictments start coming on this!! I DEMAND PERP-WALKS!

And in the fall, we will be seen round the world when my friend's cousin, a catholic preist goes on trial for killing a num 25 years ago. This one's gonna be great! Ritual sacrifice? Maybe. Group sex, probably. Forty year old preist having an affair with a 70 year old nun? Definitely!

Oh yeah. You'll see a lot of coverage on this deal!

15. conjur

conjur No Lifer

Update:

Petro: Noe stole millions
    Coin deals described as 'Ponzi' scheme
    http://toledoblade.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20050722/NEWS24/50722003
    Burn, baby, burn!

16. BoberFett

BoberFett Lifer

As opposed to the Democrat goal of taxing middle America into oblivion so that we all live on the dole and can become slaves of the gub'mint?

17. conjur

conjur No Lifer

We weren't being taxed into oblivion in the 90s.

Taxes need to be increased and spending cut dramatically or we'll be in for a world of hurt soon.

But, that's getting off the topic.

I want to see these people in prison, and I'd love to see it linked to Blackwell and have the Ohio voting process problems finally out in the open.

18. BoberFett

BoberFett Lifer

*sigh* Of course it's off topic. I was responding to an absurd statement by dahunan in kind.

Prison time works for me. We could throw every current politician in prison and I wouldn't shed a tear. Time to start over. There's not an honest one in the bunch.

19. miketheidiot

miketheidiot Lifer

yes, yours was equally absurd.

20. Zebo

Zebo Elite Member

Actually demos propose ideas to cut middle americas taxes. one program that got no traction from Dodd calling for elimination of small biz employers SS contribution for himself, since small biz man pays double SS now. It's Reps working to cut the elite taxes to zero from Cap gains and other tax free income sources that makes cutting "middle america" impossible considering the services and goods we want.

This is why someone like Kerry paid 14% on his tens of millions in income..while it's pretty easy for someone in the middle class making 150K to pay 50%.

21. irwincur

irwincur Golden Member

That's their first problem.

WHO INVESTS IN RARE COINS? WHAT A STUPID IDEA.

22. Darkhawk28

Darkhawk28 Diamond Member

That's what I was wondering too.

Strange, eh?

23. hemiram

hemiram Senior member

Well, it's all coming out that it was a scam from the start. All kinds of money was exchanged (laundered) between Noe's "companies"in a shell game that obviously, when exposed, has no purpose other than as a scam. I don't know how he thought he was going to get away with it, these scams ALWAYS fall apart, unless the principal scammer dies or kills himself, like another guy here in Toledo did when money was discovered to be missing. It turned out he stole several million dollars over a 25 year period. When he "semi-retired" another person was given access to the accounts and instantly saw something was wrong. As soon as they announced they were auditing the one account, he ate his gun.

Now Noe's wife Bernadette (AKA Bernie) (an attorney and daughter of a judge) is trying to say she never knew anything about what was going on? PUHLEEZE! I hope she keeps saying that BS, it's going to insure she gets to do the "shackle shuffle" on her way to federal prison!

From the gossip I've heard, the grand jury keeps calling more witnesses and the probable indictments keep adding up.

I want to see PERPWALKS. Tom and Bernie being taken in, and then in the orange jumpsuits!

24. conjur

conjur No Lifer

Prosecutor to charge ex-Taft aide
    Reduced-price vacations weren't reported to state
    http://www.toledoblade.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20050727/NEWS24/50727006
    An odd twist in this but the investigation is still continuing.

25. conjur

conjur No Lifer

Petro accused of holding out on coin records
    State largely ignores ruling of high court, paper claims
    http://toledoblade.com/apps/pbcs.dll/ar...50728002&SectionCat=&Template=printart
    It's like a mini-Propagandist administration going on in Ohio. They live in their own little world and haven't a clue as to right/wrong.