Ohio - difference in polling hours depending on majority party in district

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

nehalem256

Lifer
Apr 13, 2012
Oh okay, Republicans have carte blache to suppress voting because their policies aren't in the interest of the vast majority of Americans. Got it.

No, there policies are in the interest of half the electorate.

But for some reason no party is willing to pander to men.

BladeVenom

Lifer
Jun 2, 2005
People who lack current valid picture ID are often seniors. They often live in a pretty small circle. Their SS checks are direct deposit..

They're not stupid, they just don't need picture ID, and neither do a lot of other people, either.

They needed a picture ID to get their Social Security Card. http://www.ssa.gov/ss5doc/ss5doctext.htm#o-us-adult

Didn't they also need a picture ID to start getting Social Security checks?

Didn't they also need a picture ID to get Medicare?

Every time I've dealt with the government, except to vote, I had to have a picture ID.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
They needed a picture ID to get their Social Security Card. http://www.ssa.gov/ss5doc/ss5doctext.htm#o-us-adult

That's to obtain a replacement. No such requirements were in place decades ago.

Didn't they also need a picture ID to start getting Social Security checks?

Didn't they also need a picture ID to get Medicare?

No, and no.

Every time I've dealt with the government, except to vote, I had to have a picture ID.

So what?

BladeVenom

Lifer
Jun 2, 2005
Having a vote never killed anybody.

People do die according to who ends up in office. Politicians kill more people than criminals. Obama increased the number of soldiers in Afghanistan, launched attacks into Pakistan, Yemen, and Libya. He also sent soldiers to Africa.

If requiring picture ID to vote is suppressing voter rights, then requiring picture ID to buy a new gun is suppressing your 2nd Amendment rights.

Jan 25, 2011
Did I miss a post or did no one point out that the original article in the OP has been updated to show that they changed their minds and ordered same hours in all districts?

Not that the thread has been about Ohio since page 1.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
People do die according to who ends up in office. Politicians kill more people than criminals. Obama increased the number of soldiers in Afghanistan, launched attacks into Pakistan, Yemen, and Libya. He also sent soldiers to Africa.

If requiring picture ID to vote is suppressing voter rights, then requiring picture ID to buy a new gun is suppressing your 2nd Amendment rights.

All of which has exactly what to do wrt the topic at hand- different voting hours in different districts in Ohio, obviously intended to serve partisan ends?

How desperate is your need to duh-vert, anyway?

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Did I miss a post or did no one point out that the original article in the OP has been updated to show that they changed their minds and ordered same hours in all districts?

Not that the thread has been about Ohio since page 1.

Busted, huh?

It's not like they won't employ any other sleazy trick they can get away with- just the attempt should illustrate that to anybody with a few grey cells to rub together.

In their heads, they can do no wrong with God on their side.

BladeVenom

Lifer
Jun 2, 2005
All of which has exactly what to do wrt the topic at hand- different voting hours in different districts in Ohio, obviously intended to serve partisan ends?

How desperate is your need to duh-vert, anyway?

You are the one who mistitled the thread.
The thread has been about voter fraud and ID, before I ever posted.

And about your fictional story of someone on Social Security not being able to vote because of a lack of a driver's license, it's not true. If someone doesn't have a drivers license, and can't get out of the house, they can vote with an absentee ballot. They only need the last four digits of their Social Security number on the absentee ballot application. http://www.longdistancevoter.org/ohio#.UC3CEKB0hc8

So the whole voter suppression lie, is just more anti-Republican hate mongering from the left to try to scare the gullible and weak minded.

First it was the Republicans are going to put you in chains, then it's they are going to take away peoples rights to vote.

What's next weeks lie going to be?

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999

You are the one who mistitled the thread.
The thread has been about voter fraud and ID, before I ever posted.

And about your fictional story of someone on Social Security not being able to vote because of a lack of a driver's license, it's not true. If someone doesn't have a drivers license, and can't get out of the house, they can vote with an absentee ballot. They only need the last four digits of their Social Security number on the absentee ballot application. http://www.longdistancevoter.org/ohio#.UC3CEKB0hc8

So the whole voter suppression lie, is just more anti-Republican hate mongering from the left to try to scare the gullible and weak minded.

First it was the Republicans are going to put you in chains, then it's they are going to take away peoples rights to vote.

What's next weeks lie going to be?

It's not my thread, mow-ron.

What you offer wrt absentee voting may be true in Ohio, but what about Pennsylvania? Wisconsin? Florida? S Carolina? Other vote suppression states?

And if it is true, then how the fuck would requiring picture ID to vote in person actually stop the bigfoot boogeyman of voter fraud, anyway? Magic?

You have the rest backwards, anyway- they take away your right to vote first, to create the appearance of electoral legitimacy, then they put you in chains, figuratively speaking.

berzerker60

Golden Member
Jul 18, 2012

Yes, that is suppressing your 2nd amendment rights. As I've said before, it's a matter of minimizing the cost. If there was actually voter impersonation fraud, voter ID might be worthwhile. There isn't, so it's not. There are problems with crazy people easily getting guns, so some suppression of that right is justified. It's very very simple.