Oh yeah! Two kick @ss concerts in three weeks time.

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
This Friday visgf and I are catching Korn, Powerman 5000, and Papa Roach.

Then, on August 11th we're gonna go see Godsmack and Static X.

See...us Iowan's can rock afterall :D

Rudee

Lifer
Apr 23, 2000
Rock you say? Mmm... I've never heard of any of those artists.

I'm off to see KISS on Wednesday. Maybe you heard of them? They sold millions and millions of records, most probably before you were even born. :)

Johnlee

Platinum Member
Oct 10, 1999
I've recently seen Godsmack and Korn and I must say I am a bit jealous. (Altho I'm not a huge Korn fan)

Make sure you post and let us know how Papa Roach is. I'm very curious as how they will come off live. And...most importantly, HAVE FUN!:)

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
Kiss will be here in September. $60 a pop for tickets is too rich for my blood :D

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
Johnlee, if you ever get the chance, you've got to check out a Fear Factory show.

Good god, those boys can put on a show. I've been to three of their concerts. Everyone of them has been more than worth the price of admission and them some.

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
Oh, and about the only thing I like about Kiss is Gene Simmon's wife. Damn! For 40+ years old, Shannon Tweed is still a hottie :Q

Johnlee

Platinum Member
Oct 10, 1999
vi_edit-good call. I've heard they kick @ss. Haven't seen them yet, but wouldn't be adverse to it.

The fact that KISS tickets are 60 bones/per...IMO is a crock.

DAM

Diamond Member
Jan 10, 2000
i would love to see static X (push it) and papa roach sounds would be cool too, im making plans to go to ozzfest in houston, where godsmack, kittie and a million other bands will be playing, man it should be fun.

as for pk 5000 and Korn, i just saw them last sunday, man korn torn the roof of the place they kick major ass!

dam()

Rudee

Lifer
Apr 23, 2000
<<The fact that KISS tickets are 60 bones/per...IMO is a crock>>

A bit pricey, but let me tell you that I have seen KISS live 5 times in the last 13 years, and every concert left me in awe.

KISS puts on a stage show like no other band. You don't just attend a KISS concert, you &quot;experience&quot; it. Once you seen them live you will swear you have experienced one of the best concerts of your life.

Midnight Rambler

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
I won't even comment on Korn or any of that other so-called &quot;music&quot; (more like noise ...). I've bounced concerts for far too many of these so-called bands/artists, and in my near 30 yrs. of concert-going, I've seen 100's of other acts/artists with more musical talent in their little fingers than these types. If you want heavy music, the only true act left is Ozzie ...

And not that I think they are great musically, but I have seen KISS more than a few times, and their shows are NO WHERE NEAR what they had back in the early days of their success, '75 or '76. The pyro these days just ain't what it used to be. The stage for the Destroyer tour was literally lifted with some of the explosions.

Now, as for a few of the best (as in actual music) concerts of the summer ...

1.) Roger Waters - saw the show last summer, and again this year. Best show he's done since &quot;Pros &amp; Cons of Hitchhiking&quot; (with E. Clapton on guitar). Probably best &quot;P.Floyd or related&quot; tour since I saw The Wall in concert, and I've seen everything they've toured since '75.

2.) Neil Young with The Pretenders opening up.

3.) Double bill show of The Who + The Black Crowes w/Jimmy Page.

Chooie

Platinum Member
Nov 8, 1999
In the past 6 months I've seen 8 concerts :p In the past 2 weeks, I've seen 2 (almost 3, dammit!)-Summer Sanitarium, Red Hot Chili Peppers/Foo Fighters (last night, great show), and I *almost* got wristbands to the Limp Bizkit show.

20_MuleTeam_Borax

Oct 9, 1999
You think 2 good shows in 3 weeks is good? How about 3 good shows in two days?

Bigwig is playing the 19th.
Less Than Jake w/ Cooter, the Impossibles, and a New Found Glory is the 20th
Strung Out is also playing the 20th.

I live in the middle of nowhere, and we hardly ever have any good shows. When some good bands finally decide to play, they are scheduled on the same night. Now there probably won't be anything good for the rest of the summer.

Psychoholic

Elite Member
Oct 11, 1999

<< Oh, and about the only thing I like about Kiss is Gene Simmon's wife. >>

Gene is not married. Gene and Shannon have been together for quite a while though. The rest of the members of KISS are married however.

Wow, you guys are hurting for shows. Sometimes I guess I take being in NYC for granted.