Oh snap, the next big catastrophe for the world is a food shortage!

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

1EZduzit

Lifer
Feb 4, 2002
Originally posted by: WhipperSnapper
Originally posted by: ironwing
I'm not worried about food shortages. I buy my food at the grocery store and they always have plenty.

Lemme guess, you have plenty of cash, right? What would you do if your job and your wife's job evaporated and you lost your career and found yourself either unable to find a job in your field or (perhaps as result of being unemployed in your field for so long) unemployable in your field? Then what?

I thought (hoped?) he was just being sarcastic.

----------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by: Vic

Ah no... I raise my own vegetable garden every year, and my wife has more plants and flowers -- indoors and outdoors -- than you could imagine. Our house is the damned Amazon. ;)

I too enjoy growing much of my own food. Not so much because of the cost (although that's part of it) but because the quality/flavor is so superior!! And it's relaxing too.

----------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by: Rainsford

That's crap, and you know it. You think people in third world countries could just as easily grow all their own food, but they'd rather skate along the edge of starvation so the US grudgingly sends them sacks of rice?

Tuesday, October 02, 2007 The Last Of Zimbabwe?s White Farmers Are Forced Off Their Land Today

Zimbabwe used to export ag products, now they have starvation.

Country profile: Zimbabwe