Oh Snap!! Nintendo Revolution video leak?.... **FAKE**

Page 6 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

daniel1113

Diamond Member
Jun 6, 2003
Originally posted by: gamer24
It cant be fake, the parts showing the "system" would take months to render and cost thousands to do. One person can not do it alone. YOu would need atleast 4-5 people minimum to make a video like that. Also the part with the castle and with the camera moving around the castle, cant be done without having the version for making movies with and only Nintendo has that. no one as ever been able to get it. Also with the 512 million castles showing, that cant be done by copying and pasting. This is a professtionally done movie, not done by one person. So this cant be fake.

Someone here doesn't have a clue about 3d, motion graphics, vfx, and video in general.

mAdMaLuDaWg

Platinum Member
Feb 15, 2003
Publicity stunt by Nintendo anyone?? I mean, they literally have the whole net buzzing about this video... takes some light away from the craptacular XBox 360 launch :)

gamer24

May 15, 2005
I know 3d rendering. I have worked with 3d rendering. and it is not that simple to make a "system" like that with any home computer. It cant be done. Unless you spend a couple thousand dollars to get a program that can, but then have to spend another couple thousand upgrading your comp. so it can use the prog. Its not possible and no one in this world would spend that kind of money to make a fake video. This is not a movie made with Adobe After Effects. Why dont you make a movie like this in 5 minutes? and then send it to me. It cant be done. Movies like these take months to make. So dont tell me I dont know anything.

daniel1113

Diamond Member
Jun 6, 2003
Originally posted by: gamer24
I know 3d rendering. I have worked with 3d rendering. and it is not that simple to make a "system" like that with any home computer. It cant be done. Unless you spend a couple thousand dollars to get a program that can, but then have to spend another couple thousand upgrading your comp. so it can use the prog. Its not possible and no one in this world would spend that kind of money to make a fake video. This is not a movie made with Adobe After Effects. Why dont you make a movie like this in 5 minutes? and then send it to me. It cant be done. Movies like these take months to make. So dont tell me I dont know anything.

It could be done in a week or two with any real 3d modeling and motion graphic experience using little more than a solid 3d app and After Effects (or any motion graphic app). It is a well made video, but there is nothing advanced or fancy about it, sorry. 3d rendering is but a small piece of the puzzle. I know you are clueless.

gamer24

May 15, 2005
Fine why dont you make a movie like that in one week and email it to me. and if you cant the YOU are the clueless one. I know people and I have friends who make 3d stuff for movies and games. It takes weeks just to make the models. Then about a week to skin the models to look good. Then more weeks to make the video. But not including the 1-2 months to do the castle seen. My friends have been doing this stuff for years and they cant even come close to recreating this kind of movie. Thats because it can't be done on a home computer. Simple as that. So no you are the clueless one.

My email:
me2424@hotmail.com

daniel1113

Diamond Member
Jun 6, 2003
Keep digging that hole...

The models used in that video are extremely simple. Models that take months to complete require advanced modeling (high polygon counts, nurbs, etc.), skinning, shading, etc. All of which are not prevelant in that video. You continue to reference the infinite castle shot as if it proved the difficulty of the video, when in fact it shows little more than the guy using a very simple model repeated over a simple shape. Once again, anyone with any real knowledge could make that specific shot in very little time.

I'll get right on making that video for you as soon as you would like to pay my houly fee for freelance work.

gamer24

May 15, 2005
you just keep being an a*s

The models used arent simple, they are HIGHLY detailed and skinning that would take a while becuase its not easy to make that in photoshop. And no its not just a model shown a thousands times. Its a model on a model on a model on a model. And the part that shows the metroid and mario, thats professtional done, that aint the work of some kid sitting in front of thier computer. If you dont belive anything i said, GOOD so just shut up or all have my friends start the posting, EXPLAINING in thier words how its not possible to make that movie on a home computer, which is basicly what I said.

""I'll get right on making that video for you as soon as you would like to pay my houly fee for freelance work. ""
Yea your basiclly saying that you know you cant do it. and i believe its hourly not houly.

And if you think you are so smart, then why would they make a movie that ends suddenly. See if you can answer that one.

mAdMaLuDaWg

Platinum Member
Feb 15, 2003
ROFL..... poor gamer24. He has no idea what he is talking about.
The metroid scene is from Metroid Prime from the gamecube... ROFL. The mario scene, he obviously made himself which is why mario looks disfigured. The person who made the video obviously has some skill and it definitely took a very long time for him to do so. Lol... there is nothing on the video that requires rendering farms. Everything could easily be done on a home PC... although it probally took the person months to do so. Why would he do so? Because he can... hobbyists love messing around with this stuff. Just check out cgtalk.com or even the star wars kid movies to see the quality of work people do for the heck of it.
That being said, gamer24, if you are saying that this is actually Nintendo's E3 video.. prepare to be totally pwned tommorrow... oh wait, you have already been totally pwned.

QueBert

Lifer
Jan 6, 2002
I don't for a second believe this video is real, but has Nintendo came out and said it wasn't real? IGN isn't exactly a great source for information, and some unknown guy coming out saying "I did it as a hoax!" doesn't sit well with me (maybe he wants to take credit?)

I'm not a 3d animator, but this clip is 6 minutes and contains tons of difference scenes, not just a couple looped. I'm amazed at the quality, this had to have taken somebody months to do.

Nintendo needs to speak out on this ASAP, because if they don't we'll have tons of Fanbois running around thinking it's real, which will hurt Nintendo. Can't be good having clueless people believing what they see in a video, and expecting it to be buyable when the system launches.

RadioHead84

Platinum Member
Jan 8, 2004
Originally posted by: QueBert
I don't for a second believe this video is real, but has Nintendo came out and said it wasn't real? IGN isn't exactly a great source for information, and some unknown guy coming out saying "I did it as a hoax!" doesn't sit well with me (maybe he wants to take credit?)

I'm not a 3d animator, but this clip is 6 minutes and contains tons of difference scenes, not just a couple looped. I'm amazed at the quality, this had to have taken somebody months to do.

Nintendo needs to speak out on this ASAP, because if they don't we'll have tons of Fanbois running around thinking it's real, which will hurt Nintendo. Can't be good having clueless people believing what they see in a video, and expecting it to be buyable when the system launches.

Err they already had their confrence pretty safe to say its fake.....speaking of which..their confrence blew compared to the rest of them...

sony>xbox>nintendo