OH MY GOD

40sTheme

Golden Member
Sep 24, 2006
Okay, in the Ascension level, I'm flying the VTOL around and get to the part where you have to defend the other two. Unfortunately, the big crappy hunk of lead doesn't turn fast enough to shoot the Scouts, so I die every time. Any ideas?

coldmeat

Diamond Member
Jul 10, 2007
I just sat in one place and used it kind of like a turret instead of flying around.

garkon

Aug 13, 2004
i'll mention something i missed in the dialog the first time through, they say something about engines failing so you have to stay low or you lose power, helped me out as i kept bringing the big bird up and stalling all over the place.

I just had to play a lot of times till i made it through, definitely had trouble w/ this level.

soydios

Platinum Member
Mar 12, 2006
towards the end, I just ran for the end of the level. if the scouts pass you, shoot them, otherwise don't turn around, and strafe to avoid their shots. this was on normal difficult, though.

martensite

Aug 8, 2001
I just ran through the whole level....damn the others. I tried to help the others the first few times, but after getting raped consistently by the aliens and/or tornadoes, I decided that discretion was the better part of valor, and just made it a priority to get my ass back to the carrier.

WORST vehicle level ever. Whoever at crytek decided that flying something that handles like a brick against highly agile aliens and oppressive tornadoes is 'fun', needs to be banned from touching a computer for the rest of his life.

Engraver

Jun 5, 2007
I don't remember it being that hard. The only problem I had was for some reason it went out of control once and it just kept plowing through trees in a circular pattern (was near the beginning so no tornados). Other than that it was pretty easy, just hover and shoot.

TehMac

Diamond Member
Aug 18, 2006
He said the difficulty was on hard, but if he is god mode...touche.