Oh my God, we wer duped. We stole Iraq's oil because Saddam tricked us.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
This is terrible, ladies and gentlemen. We were duped to go to war by false agents of Saddam who phonyed up evidence of WMD. We need to investigate this with all alacraty. We've been had by superior minds. This is just terrible.

"WASHINGTON ? Frustrated at the failure to find Saddam Hussein's suspected stockpiles of chemical and biological weapons, U.S. and allied intelligence agencies have launched a major effort to determine if they were victims of bogus Iraqi defectors who planted disinformation to mislead the West before the war.

The goal, according to a senior U.S. intelligence official, "is to see if false information was put out there and got into legitimate channels and we were totally duped on it." He added, "We're reinterviewing all our sources of information on this. This is the entire intelligence community, not just the U.S."

The far-reaching review was started after a political firestorm erupted this summer over revelations that President Bush's claim in his State of the Union speech that Iraq had sought to import uranium from Niger was based on forged documents.

Although senior CIA officials insist that defectors were only partly responsible for the intelligence that triggered the decision to invade Iraq in March, other intelligence officials now fear that key portions of the prewar information may have been flawed. The issue raises fresh doubts as to whether illicit weapons will be found in Iraq.

As evidence, officials say former Iraqi operatives have confirmed since the war that Hussein's regime sent "double agents" disguised as defectors to the West to plant fabricated intelligence. In other cases, Baghdad apparently tricked legitimate defectors into funneling phony tips about weapons production and storage sites.

"They were shown bits of information and led to believe there was an active weapons program, only to be turned loose to make their way to Western intelligence sources," said the senior intelligence official. "Then, because they believe it, they pass polygraph tests and the planted information becomes true to the West, even if it was all made up to deceive us."

Critics had charged that the Bush administration exaggerated intelligence on Iraq to bolster support for the war. The broader question now is whether some of the actual intelligence was fabricated and U.S. officials failed to detect it."

Article here.

At least Bush is off the hook. He was fooled. :D

Amazing as it seems.

DealMonkey

Lifer
Nov 25, 2001
"There's an old saying in Tennessee ? I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee ? that says, fool me once, shame on ? shame on you. Fool me ? you can't get fooled again."

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
Originally posted by: DealMonkey
"There's an old saying in Tennessee ? I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee ? that says, fool me once, shame on ? shame on you. Fool me ? you can't get fooled again."

I thought that was the Who? :D

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
Of course M, the response will be that this war was Saddams fault because he planted false evidence of his guilt. Of course it couldn't be that people wanting Saddam out could have planted it, and the US too happy to pounce on it like flies on poop, could it?

kaizersose

Golden Member
May 15, 2003
that crazy saddam is always up to no good--he really got us this time.

i bet his sons were in on it too...no wait, they're dead and saddam is on the run. if he really sent double agents to western countries, wouldnt they be saying that there were no weapons left? what did saddam accomplish by having the US arrest ALL of his friends, kill his two sons and rip him a new one?

let's say he continues to be successful in running: instead of living a posh life in one of many palaces, he now will fight a guerilla war for the rest of his life. the US will never let him live anywhere, much less come back to power. he may be a little psycho, but he knows how to keep power, he didnt send double agents.

etech

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Some people are just slow,

Nice misleading title you came up with moonie. I see you can't contain yourself and want to start up the old crap all over again. I thought you would be above that sort of thing. I see that I was wrong.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Oh my God I'm so ashamed. What's even worse is that I looked. How will I live this down. I'm ruined. I'd better get help. I'm beginning to hate myself. I wonder if this is how it happens?

DealMonkey

Lifer
Nov 25, 2001
Originally posted by: etech

Nice misleading title you came up with moonie. I see you can't contain yourself and want to start up the old crap all over again. I thought you would be above that sort of thing. I see that I was wrong.

I thought starting up old crap was what these forums were all about. Man, I guess I was wrong too.

BOBDN

Banned
May 21, 2002

I thought starting up old crap was what these forums were all about. Man, I guess I was wrong too.

Starting up old crap?

I thought Viet Nam was over and here we are in Iraq!

Talk about starting up old crap!
rolleye.gif

JellyBaby

Diamond Member
Apr 21, 2000
I've Got No Strings

I've got no strings to hold me down,
No tightened wires to swing me 'round,
The hands are gone, that held the strings,
And no one knows the plans I have in store.

And every choice made on my own,
Shows just how bright my light has shone,
And just how much command it brings,
To rise as far and high as I can soar.

Yet every lie from what I say,
That brought me where I am today,
Without the hands to guide my strings,
Corrupts me in my own judicial war.

But now I've grown my nose so long,
And others sense that something's wrong,
I try to fly on severed wings,
And crash back down to fly again, no more.

The hands have left me far behind,
Perhaps for someone else to find,
But no one else will take my strings,
The chains I have and wear forevermore.

- Zachary Knoles -

Insane3D

Elite Member
May 24, 2000
Originally posted by: Moonbeam
Oh my God I'm so ashamed. What's even worse is that I looked. How will I live this down. I'm ruined. I'd better get help. I'm beginning to hate myself. I wonder if this is how it happens?

:D:D

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Originally posted by: JellyBaby
I've Got No Strings

I've got no strings to hold me down,
No tightened wires to swing me 'round,
The hands are gone, that held the strings,
And no one knows the plans I have in store.

And every choice made on my own,
Shows just how bright my light has shone,
And just how much command it brings,
To rise as far and high as I can soar.

Yet every lie from what I say,
That brought me where I am today,
Without the hands to guide my strings,
Corrupts me in my own judicial war.

But now I've grown my nose so long,
And others sense that something's wrong,
I try to fly on severed wings,
And crash back down to fly again, no more.

The hands have left me far behind,
Perhaps for someone else to find,
But no one else will take my strings,
The chains I have and wear forevermore.

- Zachary Knoles -

For every prison there is a door.

If you want the door to hear speak to the wall.

PatboyX

Diamond Member
Aug 10, 2001
At least Bush is off the hook. He was fooled.

that statement sounds mighty un-american to me.
i say: good day to you, sir!

(just remember, if you repent, they may not pile ALL the rocks on your chest)

Tab

Lifer
Sep 15, 2002
Originally posted by: BOBDN

Starting up old crap?

I thought Viet Nam was over and here we are in Iraq!

Talk about starting up old crap!
rolleye.gif

Comparing Vietnam to Iraq? Right, great comparassion :D

BOBDN

Banned
May 21, 2002
Originally posted by: Tabb

Comparing Vietnam to Iraq? Right, great comparassion :D

It's almost poetic in its irony.

The Viet Nam draft dodger becomes the catalyst for the conflict he ran from sending a new generation off to fight and sometimes die in a foreign land based on a lie.

"Full Metal Jackass"

or

"Morons of Arabia"

etech

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999

To some that is all these forums are, a place to crap.

They could be used for discussion, spreading of thoughtful ideas and such. No, we have to have the idiots spread every damn conspriacy theory, every fvcking spam e-mail and generally just bash without thought.

Fvck em.

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
Originally posted by: Moonbeam I wonder if this is how it happens?

Getting a clue? sure, maybe - only time will tell though. ;) :D

CkG

Edit - this is not a flame or personal attack - it is meant in jest (not "to be injested" though).

BOBDN

Banned
May 21, 2002

Some come here to sit and think
Some come here to sh!t and stink
But I come here to scratch my balls
And read the bullsh!t on the walls

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
Originally posted by: BOBDN

Some come here to sit and think
Some come here to sh!t and stink
But I come here to scratch my balls
And read the bullsh!t on the walls
I really want to add a line
but realize the sh!t's all mine.

You left out the last two lines - I added them back in for you.;)

:D

CkG