oh my god, i want to saw my foot off

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

woodsman

Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: abaez
Originally posted by: Squisher
Originally posted by: woodsman
Use an open bar of soap, something in the salts really helps. The first time that I heard was this on the Bob Louge show on KDKA in Pittsburgh. I use to get cramps at nite like crazy till I put an open bar of soap under the covers and it works!! Any bar of soap.

That has to be one of the weirdest remedies I've ever heard of.

I was about to post the same. What in the hell? Soap under the covers?

You guys are too young to be this cynical, google it out there and see all the people who are doing this, I means there were 2000 people in Pittsbugh who called into the Bob Logue to report that it worked. The pain that I was in was so bad I would have put an alligator in bed with me if it helped!!

Cdubneeddeal

Diamond Member
Oct 22, 2003
Soap under the sheets..how are you supposed to get any lube? Soap is for the shower (If you know what I mean) Serious now, I hardly ever get muscle cramps. I'll have to remember the soap technique.

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: ThePresence
Originally posted by: MrLee
Originally posted by: Tiamat
I get those, and they are a friggen pain. Almost drowned once when both my feet cramped up in a pool. You have to make sure you are getting a balanced amount of sodium, calcium, potassium in your diet.

Once you feel the cramp starting up, you gotta just force your toes to spread apart and point upwards as much as possible and massage the hell out of bottom of your foot.

You can't swim with your arms?

Are you serious?

Am I serious or is the OP serious? I'm serious. I heard that people can swim with their arms.

It's not uncommon that someone drowns because of cramps. You cannot just swim with your arms. You may be able to keep yourself afloat for a little bit, but without your legs, it won't be long.

Pickle. :p

You can swim with just your arms, but for most people not very long.

zach0624

Jul 13, 2007
I play high school basketball and for our last regular season practice and our coach ran us into the ground. Tonight I have been having some monster cramps in almost every leg muscle. The best thing you can do is eat bananas, drink gatorade(electrolites), and strech before and during your cramps (moving your to extreme points is all that is require)

winr

Diamond Member
Feb 17, 2001
Originally posted by: abaez
Originally posted by: Squisher
Use an open bar of soap, something in the salts really helps. The first time that I heard was this on the Bob Louge show on KDKA in Pittsburgh. I use to get cramps at nite like crazy till I put an open bar of soap under the covers and it works!! Any bar of soap.

That has to be one of the weirdest remedies I've ever heard of.

I was about to post the same. What in the hell? Soap under the covers?

You guys are too young to be this cynical, google it out there and see all the people who are doing this, I means there were 2000 people in Pittsbugh who called into the Bob Logue to report that it worked. The pain that I was in was so bad I would have put an alligator in bed with me if it helped!!

I have had an alligator in bed with me....I had to divorce her though..........the teeth..and her breath...achh...

livingsacrifice

Jul 16, 2001
I barely ever get these, only when doing physical excercise like when I go paintballing. Yes they suck majorly but I just gotta remember to drink more fluids.

Mr Pickles

Diamond Member
Feb 24, 2006
Originally posted by: sandorski
Originally posted by: Tiamat
I get those, and they are a friggen pain. Almost drowned once when both my feet cramped up in a pool. You have to make sure you are getting a balanced amount of sodium, calcium, potassium in your diet.

Once you feel the cramp starting up, you gotta just force your toes to spread apart and point upwards as much as possible and massage the hell out of bottom of your foot.

You can't swim with your arms?

Are you serious?

Am I serious or is the OP serious? I'm serious. I heard that people can swim with their arms.

It's not uncommon that someone drowns because of cramps. You cannot just swim with your arms. You may be able to keep yourself afloat for a little bit, but without your legs, it won't be long.

Pickle. :p

You can swim with just your arms, but for most people not very long.

Sure, you fall off a boat in the middle of no where and you are out to sea for hours, or even at the beach and it gets deep and you can't get back to the shallow area for a few minutes. But this dude said pool; swimming pool. Even in an olympic sized pool, the side is only a few meters away at all times. If you don't think you can make it to the side if your legs cramp up then it might not be a good idea to leave the shallow end. Ever.