Oh Man! "The Shield" ROCKS

Smacksmackums

Banned
May 21, 2001
Yeah, what an ending. Pretty cool show, I gotta hope it stays alive and is a success. This is a repost though, there is one below with the TITLE: THE SHIELD

Tominator

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Ok, I'd shoot the star myself if I thought he existed...nothing like dragging the Cop' rep into the gutter....:|

MeanMeosh

Diamond Member
Apr 18, 2001

<< Ok, I'd shoot the star myself if I thought he existed...nothing like dragging the Cop' rep into the gutter....:| >>

yea right, almost all cops i see turn on their flashers just to cross a red light, and then turn em off and start cruising at a slow speed after the intersection, give me a break.

thedarkwolf

Diamond Member
Oct 13, 1999
The show rocked but holly crap what the hell what a wierd ending. It worked though cause there is noway I can miss next weeks now :),

RossMAN

Grand Nagus
Feb 24, 2000
Damn I assumed it was 10 PM PST only to find out it was 7PM PST according to TVGUIDE.com

What are the chances that FX re-aires this during the week or weekend?

thedarkwolf

Diamond Member
Oct 13, 1999
If I remember right they are showing it again right before the next new episode. To bad thats when 24 is on :).

chibchakan

Platinum Member
Oct 30, 2001
I hope this show does well in the ratings, I would hate to see this great show go.

RossMAN

Grand Nagus
Feb 24, 2000
Turns out tvguide.com was wrong, just had a hunch that The Shield might have started at 10 PM PST, turned on the TV at 10:12 PM only to find out it is on and I missed the first 12 minutes!

Luckily they showed the premiere episode again right after it played the first time, so I got to see the first 12 minutes.

Great show, hope it survives.

SendTrash

Platinum Member
Apr 18, 2000
it showed the same time as Smallville... so I didn't see it... from the previews it looked dumb.. but it was really good? got to check it out sometime

Texmaster

Banned
Jun 5, 2001

<< it showed the same time as Smallville... so I didn't see it... from the previews it looked dumb.. but it was really good? got to check it out sometime >>

It was REALLY good. Not only that but the ending to the first episode WAS a real surprise, not one of those shows that talks it up and doesn't provide.

This one did!

TapTap

Golden Member
Apr 8, 2001
Sorry, but the ending was predictable. No way could that guy stays with the squad for any length of time. Little bit of foreshadowing when they were all at his house after the BBQ.
I am pissed that the preview for next weeks show seems to indicate the RedHead gets hers too--damn!!
I like it, my wife thinks I am sick--I switch after NYPD Blue is done.
She thinks my choice in programming is "dumb, from sick-Sipowicz to sicker-Shield"
Gosh, I love her :)

Aug 23, 2000
I liked it a lot. I didn't expect him to off the guy in the first ep. They didn't show enough to hint that baldy knew that the dude was undercover.

The best scene thou was when the police Captain told baldy to interogate Dr. lovely human. Man that phone book must of hurt like a bitch.

BreakApart

Golden Member
Nov 15, 2000

<< The show rocked but holly crap what the hell what a wierd ending. It worked though cause there is noway I can miss next weeks now :), >>

Couldn't agree more...the show rocked until the end, then i was like WTF! I was thought his character was just walking the line not jumping over it.

The first part of the show i cheered him on, beat that child raping mutha til he begs!
Then the last part of the show gave me the impression they were going in the direction ->"how good cops go bad crap"

That show was part Justice, part criminal. (speaking of the main character)

Aug 23, 2000
I think the show has lots of potential.
I think the Commish killed the guy becasue, he was going to break up the team and send them to jail. When cops go to jail, they usually spend it alone. They can never be put in general population.
He probably was also thinking that if he is jailed or cut from the force that he couldn't protect his family.

I like how the main character of the show has serious problems.

RossMAN

Grand Nagus
Feb 24, 2000
Have you guys seen the last two episodes?

Last Tuesday's and tonight's at 10PM EST on FX?