Oh man, does anyone actually believe this crap?

johnjohn320

Diamond Member
Jan 9, 2001
Just saw the latest work of the "anti-marijuana" ad campaign. Teenage girl is pregnant, and they link it to the fact that "marijuana impairs your judgement."

How far will they go in fishing for little excuses? How many lies will they make up?

Yes weed impairs your judgement. Kinda like cough medicine. You shouldn't have either and drive a car or operate any other heavy machinery. But anyone who has ever smoked pot knows that it doesn't impair you to the point where you'll go off and fvck someone not understanding the consequence.

The people who make these ads are liars who keep sinking to lower and lower levels. Stop making sh!t up to prove your point.

Fausto

Elite Member
Nov 29, 2000
I'm sure there have been far more conceptions in a state of drunkeness than while stoned.

JShaker

Banned
Jan 21, 2003
I saw one that was like, "Marijuana: It'll get you busted!"

HELLO! IT'LL GET YOU BUSTED BECAUSE THE GOVERNMENT SAYS IT'S ILLEGAL. Legalize it, and it won't get you "busted" anymore.

rh71

No Lifer
Aug 28, 2001
What do these ad-makers have to gain by telling these lies ?

N8Magic

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
Very similar to our "Get the flu shot ads" that we have here in Ontario.

They keep stating that you "can't get the flu from the shot", but they neglect to mention the other crippling diseases that can be contracted as a result of the shot.

Public disinformation is one thing that really pisses me off. :|

Colt45

Lifer
Apr 18, 2001
yeah, i was laughing when i saw that joke.

at least if it was booze they were knocking, it would be a little closer to the truth. but buds for cryin' out loud?

pulse8

Lifer
May 3, 2000
Originally posted by: JShaker
I saw one that was like, "Marijuana: It'll get you busted!"

HELLO! IT'LL GET YOU BUSTED BECAUSE THE GOVERNMENT SAYS IT'S ILLEGAL. Legalize it, and it won't get you "busted" anymore.

I feel the same way about murder.

Fausto

Elite Member
Nov 29, 2000
Anyone wanna place bets on how many posts in this thread before nik shows up?

FoBoT

No Lifer
Apr 30, 2001
fobot.com
Originally posted by: johnjohn320
How many lies will they make up?

as many as it takes

to the people behind this type of garbage , the ends justify the means , no lie is too big if they can get people to behave the way they want. it is all a power trip by those that don't want people to live free/have Freedom of Choice

did you see the last south park? (it might have been a re-run, but i saw one a night or two ago about this, parents lying to kids to get them to not try drugs)

JShaker

Banned
Jan 21, 2003
Originally posted by: pulse8
Originally posted by: JShaker I saw one that was like, "Marijuana: It'll get you busted!" HELLO! IT'LL GET YOU BUSTED BECAUSE THE GOVERNMENT SAYS IT'S ILLEGAL. Legalize it, and it won't get you "busted" anymore.

Come on, smoking pot and killing somebody are two seperate things altogther.

pulse8

Lifer
May 3, 2000
Originally posted by: JShaker I saw one that was like, "Marijuana: It'll get you busted!" HELLO! IT'LL GET YOU BUSTED BECAUSE THE GOVERNMENT SAYS IT'S ILLEGAL. Legalize it, and it won't get you "busted" anymore.

My humor escapes you.

Anubis

No Lifer
Aug 31, 2001
tbqhwy.com
Originally posted by: rh71
Originally posted by: TheEvil1
Originally posted by: rh71
What do these ad-makers have to gain by telling these lies ?

a society of people that hate them?
No, seriously.

absoutly nothing because anyone who smokes Me included knows that they are total sh!t and dosent pay any attention to them. and even people that dont smoke know that weed isnt gonna make you run soneone over in the drive through

Occifer

Golden Member
Mar 27, 2002
Originally posted by: johnjohn320
Just saw the latest work of the "anti-marijuana" ad campaign. Teenage girl is pregnant, and they link it to the fact that "marijuana impairs your judgement."

How far will they go in fishing for little excuses? How many lies will they make up?

Yes weed impairs your judgement. Kinda like cough medicine. You shouldn't have either and drive a car or operate any other heavy machinery. But anyone who has ever smoked pot knows that it doesn't impair you to the point where you'll go off and fvck someone not understanding the consequence.

The people who make these ads are liars who keep sinking to lower and lower levels. Stop making sh!t up to prove your point.

Thanks for clearing this commercial up. I thought she got pregnant from smoking a seed! Figured she was gonna have a little green baby with leaves for fingers. Also the one where the guy guns it out of the drive-thru because he dosen't have any money and takes out the little girl on the bike.
rolleye.gif

JShaker

Banned
Jan 21, 2003
My humor escapes you.

Actually, I smiled a little bit. If I was mad at the humorous statement you made, I would've insulted you or something. No worries. No beef.
:)

Armitage

Banned
Feb 23, 2001
Originally posted by: N8Magic
Very similar to our "Get the flu shot ads" that we have here in Ontario.

They keep stating that you "can't get the flu from the shot", but they neglect to mention the other crippling diseases that can be contracted as a result of the shot.

?? Linkage ??

BatmanNate

Lifer
Jul 12, 2000
Ads like that wouldn't bother me at all if I wasn't indirectly paying for it. If you're stupid enough to believe things you see on TV, more power to you. Hopefully you don't vote. Unfortunately, many patrons of this school of thought probably did vote, hence the laws, hence the commercial, hence more voters. Bastards. :D

pyonir

Lifer
Dec 18, 2001
Originally posted by: eakers
i was not aware that weed made you slutty.

learn new things everyday!

I've never smoked weed in my life...yet i'm slutty. go figure!

Maetryx

Diamond Member
Jan 18, 2001
Originally posted by: eakers
i was not aware that weed made you slutty.

learn new things everyday!

My wife is getting weed for Valentine's Day. :D