OffTopic: What laptop do you have?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

vshah

Lifer
Sep 20, 2003
dell latitude d630....core 2 duo, plays old games just fine, lasts 8-10 hours on 2 batteries (never use the dvd drive anyway)

Deeko

Lifer
Jun 16, 2000
Originally posted by: Aikouka
I have three...

Dell XPS M1530 - I absolutely hate the fucking piece of shit network adapter. It's honestly the worst thing I've ever seen. Not only do I get 200k/s (note, kilobyte) wireless transfers on it, I also get sub 1mb/s wired transfers! Absolute chinese-made shit. The power cable is too short. The media buttons are absolute shit; you cannot hold them down to repeat the action. So if you want to turn the volume down, you gotta push the button again and again.

I really hate that laptop.

So much anger. I have the same one and I don't have that problem with the wireless/network adapters. I guess the volume thing is kinda annoying but I rarely use that anyway. I actually really like the laptop.

compman25

Diamond Member
Jan 12, 2006
Originally posted by: Deeko
Originally posted by: Aikouka
I have three...

Dell XPS M1530 - I absolutely hate the fucking piece of shit network adapter. It's honestly the worst thing I've ever seen. Not only do I get 200k/s (note, kilobyte) wireless transfers on it, I also get sub 1mb/s wired transfers! Absolute chinese-made shit. The power cable is too short. The media buttons are absolute shit; you cannot hold them down to repeat the action. So if you want to turn the volume down, you gotta push the button again and again.

I really hate that laptop.

So much anger. I have the same one and I don't have that problem with the wireless/network adapters. I guess the volume thing is kinda annoying but I rarely use that anyway. I actually really like the laptop.

And I have the XPS M1330. I love it. Don't have those problems either.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Originally posted by: alexvorn2
I have a HP pavilion dv series that works great but it gets hot all time.
What kind of laptop do you own and what you don't like in it?
The same. I use it as a desktop replacement so the heat is not an issue for me.

Tiamat

Lifer
Nov 25, 2003
dell e1505. The wireless network card shuts itself off randomly. I usually have to restart my computer to get it to work.

hanoverphist

Diamond Member
Dec 7, 2006
i have 2 for work. have an inspiron 9300 that ive used for the past 3.5 years, and my new one that im slowly transitioning over to. dell precision m6300. both are pretty great so far. the inspiron was a great laptop, i specced it the same as the old xps gen 2. was top of the line when i got it, and still runs games i toss at it. the new precision is a t9300 cpu, 4gb ram and a mid range vid card. so far im liking it.

ed21x

Diamond Member
Oct 12, 2001
Asus eeePC 1000h. Tiniest decent sized keyboard netbook on the market. light, 6 hour realistic batterylife, easy to carry around, and fast enough for WC3.

Ns1

No Lifer
Jun 17, 2001
currently a 700m.

in the market for some kinda macbook.

IGBT

Lifer
Jul 16, 2001
..nunz right now. will wait to see what the new year brings. better deals..faster lower power cpu's..so on and so forth.